Russia's unjustifiable war of aggression in Ukraine

I seem to remember some time last summer the narrative was that Putin's military infrastructure was completely outdated and inadequate, that they had lost tens of thousands of troops and were effectively being destroyed in every department. Some of the military experts I listened to on podcasts and on radio were talking about how Putin would be looking for a way to back down, maybe cut a deal to save face etc.

Were these experts overstating the west backed war effort from Ukraine and underestimating Putin's resolve? If history is anything to go by the Russians are prepared to sacrifice enough young men to ware down the opposition 🤷‍♂️

I seem to remember some time last summer the narrative was that Putin's military infrastructure was completely outdated and inadequate, that they had lost tens of thousands of troops and were effectively being destroyed in every department. Some of the military experts I listened to on podcasts and on radio were talking about how Putin would be looking for a way to back down, maybe cut a deal to save face etc.

Were these experts overstating the west backed war effort from Ukraine and underestimating Putin's resolve? If history is anything to go by the Russians are prepared to sacrifice enough young men to ware down the opposition 🤷‍♂️
Putin's military was completely outdated and inadequate last summer and still is this Winter. A big thing is being made about Soledar, one small town that cost them 20,000 men, there is a lot of towns between Soledar and Kiev. Facts are he was supposed to take Kiev in 3 days, the only City of note he took was Kherson and he lost it. The mass mobilization is just a harp back to WW2 where they throw men into the meat grinder at will, it is just delaying the inevitable.

Their Navy no longer exists, they have lost the strength of their professional army through kills, out of action, MIA.

The response of the West has been disjointed at best, if it was concerted it would have been over before the Winter.

Perhaps the West underestimated Putin's grip on power and his brainwashing of your average Russian citizen.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

Eamonn McCormak Band

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:50pm

More events ▼