Roy Keanes been busy

2 bits of news

Town have signed Trinidad and Tobago international Stern John on loan from Crystal Palace until January.

The paperwork was completed minutes before the deadline for loan moves shut at 5pm this afternoon and the 33-year-old striker will train with Blues on Friday ahead of Sunday's trip to Cardiff.

Hes also added Ian MacParlad the ex Notts County chief to his coaching staff

2 bits of news

Town have signed Trinidad and Tobago international Stern John on loan from Crystal Palace until January.

The paperwork was completed minutes before the deadline for loan moves shut at 5pm this afternoon and the 33-year-old striker will train with Blues on Friday ahead of Sunday's trip to Cardiff.

I'm fuckin reeling here at that piece of news. There goes the chance of a good night's kip. I'll be a tossing an a turning thinking, "Did I just dream it or has Roy added Ian MacParland to his coaching staff?"

I'm fuckin reeling here at that piece of news. There goes the chance of a good night's kip. I'll be a tossing an a turning thinking, "Did I just dream it or has Roy added Ian MacParland to his coaching staff?"

yes its happened hope he does a good job for Roy

Hey, Carmona... I figure you'd be the man to answer this one.

In Spanish football commentary jargon, does 'la pilota' mean the player who's carrying the ball at a given moment? Or am I just mishearing 'pelota'? :?:

2 bits of news

Next stop Champion's League

Hey, Carmona... I figure you'd be the man to answer this one.

In Spanish football commentary jargon, does 'la pilota' mean the player who's carrying the ball at a given moment? Or am I just mishearing 'pelota'? :?:

Sorry, mate, but you might just be mishearing! I'll think about and get back to ya.

Well, if the commentator says something like "Iniesta lleva la pelota" there's not a whole lot of stress on the verb and in a fast commentary you could miss it altogether unless you're well tuned in to the lingo.

Sorry, mate, but you might just be mishearing! I'll think about and get back to ya.

Well, if the commentator says something like "Iniesta lleva la pelota" there's not a whole lot of stress on the verb and in a fast commentary you could miss it altogether unless you're well tuned in to the lingo.

I think you're right, it's just odd that the 'e' can sound so much like an 'i' so often.

The fact that even TVE here defaults to Catalan commentary in many games probably doesn't help!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Peader O Callaghan

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼