Roy Keane rant-fiction

I mentioned his name as a joke at first, when Martin looked through the squad list and realised we had no fit right back. At the time I was measuring the length of the grass on the training pitch, so i was a bit distracted and maybe I missed the rest of the conversation. I thought he'd get the funny side of it but Martin doesn't have the same sense of humour as me, takes things too seriously, must be a Northern Ireland thing.

But I couldn't fucking believe it when I saw this skinny young lad walking in the door on Tuesday morning with a gear bag. I stopped him in the hallway and said "u21s are in Norway this week son, you lost?" He mumbled something quietly and I cut him off with a sharp "Speak up, if you've something to say, say it clearly and look at me." He lifted his head and said "Gaffer said I was to come in for training today Roy, called me yesterday like."
I paused for a moment, genuinely shocked. Then I regathered my composure and roared into his face "Then get the fuck in there and get togged off, training starts in 1 hour and you'd better be fucking ready kid!".

I'm gonna watch him like a hawk, jumped up little shit from Cork, thinks he has fucking made it, I might join in the 5 a side game later and fucking nail him, he won't make it

image.jpg

The fucking grass is too long as well

I went in on the beans hard. they were covering half the fucking plate like. the big legume. look at me, I'm a vegetable, I'm good for you. no you're not you cunt, you're covered in fucking tomato ketchup and sugar. and you leave your fucking mess all over the sausages and rashers. I may mix you later, but I want that to be my choice. I moved onto the sausage next. it was crinkly and limp looking. no spine. I fucking knived it half and swallowed it in two bites. the scrambled egg was a similar case. sloppy, not properly mixing with the butter. where's the urgency? fuck the egg, I spooned it out and fucked it on the ground. I had bigger fish to fry. I took two rashers at the same time. why the fuck not? never could understand these single rasher eating idiots. you have two inches on your fork. use them. every inch counts. I finished the black pudding by spreading the fucker on toast. gave me extra time to sort out that tomatoe hiding in the corner. I see you, you cunt. what am I, a fruit or a vegetable. I had no time for shoegazing food. you were on the plate to do a job, that's all you need to know you red twat. every victory is vital. roy? ya Theresa? go to work will you ffs.

Awwww man, that's fucking priceless. :lol!:

It had been a bad morning. I was up to Rockmount park to give an inspirational speech to the under 16's.

Cunts went and lost 2-0 to Avondale.

Now here I am on the dual carriageway to Ballin fucking collig to be a guest referee for a girls soccer match. Girls soccer ffs, how do I let Michael talk me into these things?

Oh shit, men at work, I brake, the brakes not working. I crash.

Suddenly I'm floating above the car. I can see the para medics with their defibrillator. Of course its not working. Fucking HSE, always preparing to fail.

Suddenly All i can see is a light in the distance. The light is drawing me towards it.

I'm at the pearly gates. Christ they could do with a lick of paint, haven't been painted since Moses was a boy.

"Ah Mr Keane" says this old bearded chap "we've been expecting you". He looks tired, like he's been doing this for about two thousand years.

"go on in , we arranged for Mr Clough to show around and get you comfortable in your new surroundings."

I walk in and I spot ol big head taking guitar lessons from George Harrison. I look around to see if I can spot John Lennon. No sign of him. Welcome to hell.

Cloughie spots me and greets me with "hey you. Irish, how you doing me old son"

This cunt still thinks I'm an apprentice at Forest. He comes over and playfully digs me in the stomach. I nut him.

"Take that you old dinosaur. My name is Roy, not Irish you old has been."

He looks shocked. No one ever spoke to him like that on Earth.

I find my room. Too hot and outside there's a load of liverpool fans outside playing you'll never walk alone on what must be about 1,000 harps. Welcome to hell.

I decide to go for a walk. So I'm walking along the clouds and they feel like a fucking car park. No give in the surface at all. I could pick up an injury if I'm not careful.

And everywhere there's buskers playing harps or that soft rock shite made famous by wankers like steely dan.

I'm off to see God.

I walk into his office. There he is like Billy big God, sitting on a throne stroking his beard.

"What kind of a heaven do you call this then?"

"no one else is complaining Roy" he says.

"Thats because they don't have the right attitude, they've all gone soft"

" Do you ever think you might be the problem Roy. I mean, you've only been here two minutes and already everyone is walking on egg shells around you."

"roy is there anything I can do to make your stay a more pleasant one?"

"well where's John lennon? You let george in and he's the shit one."

"ROY" he says "john wrote a song asking people to "imagine no religion". He's burning in hell for that"

"oh religion is it" i say staring him in the eye " let me tell you about religion. you have people down there believing in all sorts of shit. hindu's sweeping floors in case they step on a spider that might be their mam, christians believing a piece of bread is the body of your son boy, muslims blowing themselves up to get 72 virgins and don't even get me started on tom cruise and his lunatic fringe"

"you could have sorted this all out on the 7th day boy, but you needed a fucking rest. and you've been living off those first 6 days for a long time now"

"and what about the famines, the wars, the poverty, the natural disaster etc. What kind of a God allows that kind of carry on?"

" I work in mysterious ways Roy"

"jesus christ" I scream at him.

"no need for that now Roy. Leave the family out of this. My son died for you"

"he died for me. I don't remember asking him to die for me. Overated magician anyway. Turning water into wine, feeding a few people with loaves and fishies. Why didn't he sort out the numerous problems the people of israel had with the romans?"

"roy" he says "remember who you're talking too. You're not perfect either. What about that time you faked a stomach bug to get out of your ITV gig because you heard Wrighty was going to be there"

Thats the final straw, accusing me of feigning injury.

"who the fuck do you think you are, accusing me of pulling a sickie? No one does that to me. I had arranged with the ITV to work the Tuesday but I could go home to recover on the wen night. was only apoel v city anyway. Fuck you and fuck your son.he's a shit son, you're a shit father and you're not even jewish you christian prick"

Suddenly I open my eyes. I'm back in my car and the paramedics have got the defibrillator working.

"Oh No" i say to myself, "sent home again Roy, sent home again."

At least I don't have to ref that girls soccer match.

I smile.

I was having a bad week. We lost 4-2 at home to Bolton at the weekend and the home crowd was growing restless. Fucking muppets in the stands. Don't they know what I have achieved in the game?

I heard Triggs barking at the front door. I looked outside. It looked like the postman, or some delivery guy. The guy gave a quick wave and smiled nervously. I opened the door. "Hi, Mr Keane. I have a package for you". He handed it over and said, "Can you sign here please, Roy?".

"Sign? You call yourself a professional and here you are pestering me for an fucking autograph on my own property". Same old story, amateur hour all over again. The red mist descended. I dived in and caught with my shoes just below the knee-cap.

He fell to the ground and curled up in agony. I stood over his prostrate body and shouted "You don't praise the postman for delivering mail, ya cunt". I let Triggs off the leash and he helped himself to some afters by biting the guy repeatedly on the arm.

"It is recorded delivery, Mr Keane", he cried out as I turned to go back into the house. Whatever I thought, just do your fucking job and show a bit of commitment at least.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

The Ricky Lynch Band

The White Horse, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼