Robot lawnmowers

Some SRS 1st world problem INTERNET advice required please - do those robotic lawnmowers work well and how much would you need to spend to get a decent one?

The garden isn’t massive by any stretch but it’s a pain in the hoop having to cut it every 2nd weekend with everything else going on, and then inevitably you get in the door from the sports and it starts to rain so you can’t cut it and have to look at long grass for another week.

What’s the story with dogs? I can imagine buying one, finding it upside down and the dog with no ears Anyone have one and would you recommend?

Would this yoke do the trick?:

Some SRS 1st world problem INTERNET advice required please - do those robotic lawnmowers work well and how much would you need to spend to get a decent one? The garden isn’t massive by any stretch but it’s a pain in the hoop having to cut it every 2nd weekend with everything else going on, and then inevitably you get in the door from the sports and it starts to rain so you can’t cut it and have to look at long grass for another week. What’s the story with dogs? I can imagine buying one, finding it upside down and the dog with no ears Anyone have one and would you recommend?
You live in Dublin so it will just immediately be stolen and end up on Done Deal the very same day that you buy it?

Like robot vacuum cleaners they seem to be more of a gimmick in general for the perfect flat garden and you would do a better job yourself anyway with all the health benefits of exercise?

Leave the cutting of the grass until June anyway for the bees etc?

I’ve a brother out in the countryside with one. He can programme in the area to be cut and it motors along all day long and returns to its base for charging. If it’s moved outside it’s “zone” or lifted it goes mental with a high pitched beeping and shuts down completely. His biggest problem was it was hit by lightning and he had to get a replacement. #firstworldproblems #wasntcheapeither

You live in Dublin so it will just immediately be stolen and end up on Done Deal the very same day that you buy it?

Like robot vacuum cleaners they seem to be more of a gimmick in general for the perfect flat garden and you would do a better job yourself anyway with all the health benefits of exercise?

Leave the cutting of the grass until June anyway for the bees etc?
Heh heh.. swapped for a bag of meth!

The garden is completely flat, has a border around all of the edges and doesn’t have funny little paths or walk through or any of that stuff. I figured if it was that straightforward they might work?

I wouldn’t exactly call mowing the grass exercise StackY! It just a pain in the ass and time I could spend doing something else. The bees can go to fawk, I look out at the garden from the back of the house so not looking at a mess out there only to get stung as a thanks :)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

The Old Moderns

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼