Robert Lewandowksi - one of the world's best?

The "what if you could only win the Ballon D'Or once" list.

Lewa would've been this year's winner.

Saw that yesterday - you'd think they'd remove Nedved and give it to Titi in 2003, the Czech was brilliant but Henry was at the top of his game that year

1998 - If we're gong to give it to someone who won the WC then I'd probably give it too Deschamps or Thuram instead of Zidane

Have Figo in 99 instead of Rivaldo

Have Zidane as the 2000 winner instead of Figo

Have Rivaldo ahead or Roberto Carlos in 2002

Not sure i'd have Falcao in 2012

Rest of the list looks fine, i keep thinking Robben and Drogba deserve to be squeezed somewhere too but finding it hard to remove other players from the 'updated' list

Some delicious salty tears from Müller on LinkedIn this morning.

Pity there's no special award for being able to do it on a snowy Tuesday night in Ukraine😆

Interesting the way English teams won the European Cup every year bar one from 1977 to 1984 - but you'd never know that from the Ballon d'Or list.

That is a bit of an oddity alright. Only one podium spot too - Dalglish in '83.

The winners on "even" years is largely aligned with who impressed at WC / Euros - understandably.

Interesting the way English teams won the European Cup every year bar one from 1977 to 1984 - but you'd never know that from the Ballon d'Or list.
Also, Liverpool qualified for the European Cup every season from 76/77 to 84/85 inclusive. Any year they didn't win the league to qualify, they qualified by winning the European Cup.

Even with the change to 4 qualifying spot, the most times in a row they've qualified for the European Cup/Champions League since then is 6 (04/05 to 09/10), with it likely to be equaled this season (17/18 to 22/23)

Saw that yesterday - you'd think they'd remove Nedved and give it to Titi in 2003, the Czech was brilliant but Henry was at the top of his game that year

1998 - If we're gong to give it to someone who won the WC then I'd probably give it too Deschamps or Thuram instead of Zidane

Have KEANE in 99 instead of Rivaldo

Have Zidane as the 2000 winner instead of Figo

Have Rivaldo ahead or Roberto Carlos in 2002

Not sure i'd have Falcao in 2012

Rest of the list looks fine, i keep thinking Robben and Drogba deserve to be squeezed somewhere too but finding it hard to remove other players from the 'updated' list
Fyp m8.

because right now i don't think there's a better CF in the world

and he's been doing it for ever, at a club where expectations probably are the highest in club's football

i'm not saying that he'll win it as Madrid didn't win anything last season and France's Euros wasn't great (yet, Benzema's personal Euros was good, 4 goals)...mind you the Nations League actually is a trophy, all teams who took part in it played their best available XIs and took it very seriously.... but i feel he's one of those who deserve a Ballon d'Or for their entire career

^^^^
what he said (y)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Elsewhere - A New Opera by Michael Gallen
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

17th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Simple Things

, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼