Rita - The Late Late Show 1997

Father Ted-esque but look she was caught on the hop.

The Poet played a blinder though, talk about delivering under pressure ..
Wat.

Were you touched by a nun or something?
She said she'd pray for her and she thought that the reason she won the car was so everyone could pray for her.

I thought it was the perfect response to someone who was probably a practising Catholic and was trying to make sense of it all.

The poet had a prepared poem he was always going to read, he just dedicated to Rita.

Wat.

Were you touched by a nun or something?
She said she'd pray for her and she thought that the reason she won the car was so everyone could pray for her.

I thought it was the perfect response to someone who was probably a practising Catholic and was trying to make sense of it all.

The poet had a prepared poem he was always going to read, he just dedicated to Rita.

Yeah, i suppose she is a Nun so saying a few prayers is right up her alley.
She was hardly going to say “ I’ll find the cunt that done it and hunt them for sport”

Saying “i don’t believe in accidents” was probably not the best thing to say to someone whose daughter was killed in an accident hours earlier.

But i don’t think any offence was taken to be fair.

I remember that. Tbf to Gaybo he handled that like a pro.

Imagine Tubs in the same scenario...
There's no training for that, Tubridy would have shown the empathy that I'm sure we all would have. Love him or hate him there's no doubt he would have found a way to deal with the situation in a dignified manner.

Yeah, i suppose she is a Nun so saying a few prayers is right up her alley.
She was hardly going to say “ I’ll find the cunt that done it and hunt them for sport”

Saying “i don’t believe in accidents” was probably not the best thing to say to someone whose daughter was killed in an accident hours earlier.

But i don’t think any offence was taken to be fair.
I think the nun meant that it was no accident that the card was pulled out that night - not in reference to the car accident. More of a synchronicity.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Punk Rock Factory
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

6th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Aidan Killian - Comedian

The Richmond Revival, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼