Richard Waghorne is a cunt.

I was reading the mail on sunday (free dvd) this morning and came across this article by this gowl & it made my blood boil.

"While the unhappy details of Berties separation got more of an airing then anyone would have wished, marriage matters of another sort are afoot in the courts where two lesbians claim they are being discriminated against. This only makes sense of course, if you consider marriage to be another word for a relationship that has been going on for awhile, rather than related to higher purposes than equal tax breaks. But with the courts on the brink of drastically redefining marriage without so much as a national debate on the matter - let alone a vote in the dail - this most radical of changes could be handed down without anyone even particularly noticing."

They are not claiming they are being discriminated against they are being discriminated against. I see you also think that the only reason gay people want to get married is for equal tax breaks. Sure god knows only heterosexuals are capable of loving & stable relationships, we can't let the gays get married sure they would only spend the money on cock rings & poppers. Not only have you shown yourself up to be an ignorant prick you have also managed to offend an entire group of people. There is no reason for this to go to a national debate. Give me one good reason why it should? We deserve the same rights as everyone else and for you to paint all gay people as money grabbing tax dodgers just reeks of your unprofessionalism.

I would have emailed this to you but you didn't bother putting an email address with your column you rank arrogant amateur.

Persephone said:
I was reading the mail on sunday (free dvd) this morning and came across this article by this gowl & it made my blood boil.

"While the unhappy details of Berties separation got more of an airing then anyone would have wished, marriage matters of another sort are afoot in the courts where two lesbians claim they are being discriminated against. This only makes sense of course, if you consider marriage to be another word for a relationship that has been going on for awhile, rather than related to higher purposes than equal tax breaks. But with the courts on the brink of drastically redefining marriage without so much as a national debate on the matter - let alone a vote in the dail - this most radical of changes could be handed down without anyone even particularly noticing."

They are not claiming they are being discriminated against they are being discriminated against. I see you also think that the only reason gay people want to get married is for equal tax breaks. Sure god knows only heterosexuals are capable of loving & stable relationships, we can't let the gays get married sure they would only spend the money on cock rings & poppers. Not only have you shown yourself up to be an ignorant prick you have also managed to offend an entire group of people. There is no reason for this to go to a national debate. Give me one good reason why it should? We deserve the same rights as everyone else and for you to paint all gay people as money grabbing tax dodgers just reeks of your unprofessionalism.

I would have emailed this to you but you didn't bother putting an email address with your column you rank arrogant amateur.

Well said, I can't stand that kind of closed-minded shit in this day and age.

Can't understand why people get so worked up about who other people want to have sex with.

toffeebhoy said:
Well said, I can't stand that kind of closed-minded shit in this day and age.

Can't understand why people get so worked up about who other people want to have sex with.

Because they are afraid of change and they almost always come back with "oh if gays can marry then what next? marrying cats & dogs" it is a bullshit argument.

I have had it up to here on my tit with gowls like him

It's my humble opinion that everything in the Mail is on a par with Waghorne's tripe.
What really pisses me off is that irish people spend their money on a right-wing British paper that doesn't even try to pretend that it's anything but a Tory rag for Irish self-hating West Brits.

Perse is of course completely right that marriage between two people is almost always about more than tax cuts, regardless of the people's genders. The other point is that, legally, none of that matters. Whatever any church might want to say about what marriage is, that's up to that church. (I mean legally, I'm not saying that makes it morally okay.) But the State doesn't and can't offer that kind of marriage, the spiritual stuff. The state can only declare people legally married, therefore giving them the rights to do all kinds of crazy, revolutionary things like visit their sick partners in hospital and so on. The state cannot withold that right from people on spiritual grounds. If it can, we might as well just declare Canon law, or Sharia law or whatever, and be done with it.

trasnanadtonnta said:
Perse is of course completely right that marriage between two people is almost always about more than tax cuts, regardless of the people's genders. The other point is that, legally, none of that matters. Whatever any church might want to say about what marriage is, that's up to that church. (I mean legally, I'm not saying that makes it morally okay.) But the State doesn't and can't offer that kind of marriage, the spiritual stuff. The state can only declare people legally married, therefore giving them the rights to do all kinds of crazy, revolutionary things like visit their sick partners in hospital and so on. The state cannot withold that right from people on spiritual grounds. If it can, we might as well just declare Canon law, or Sharia law or whatever, and be done with it.

If the UK can allow civil partnerships i don't see why Ireland cannot do the same thing. They have yet to come up with a valid reason for denying gay people the right to have their union recognised by the state.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Felix Da Housecat

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼