Richard Keys and Andy Gray?

Richard Keys and Andy Gray?

• Total voters
Watchig the Chelsea game abroad. Richard and Andy live in studio on the tv and joined by Brady.

Andy and Chippy spent the entire halftime analysis arguing whether it was a peno or not.

keysy said:
First - apologies. I know I've been a little bit quiet, but if you'd been where I was last week you too would've been lapping up the peace and quiet in Bali at the Legian Hotel, Seminyak. Fantastic. And if you're reading this guys, many many thanks for a wonderful stay.

It was unusual to be watching the C Lge final at 2.00 in the morning, but it doesn't seem to matter when or where Barca play right now, they're back to their very best! Having been in charge of their historic treble when does Luis Enrique join the ranks for the 'super coaches'?

I ask tongue in cheek, of course. For me, it's impossible to judge him while he's at the Camp Nou with the frightening array of talent around him, just as it was Guardiola. I'm not suggesting either isn't top class, but Guardiola's powers seem to have faded somewhat since he went to Bayern. Enrique hasn't previously set the world alight at either Roma or Celta. My point? Simple. This wonderful game of ours has always been about players. If you've got the best players, chances are you'll have success. But not always, I would admit.

It'll be fascinating to see how everybody at the Bernabeau responds to Rafa. I've said before, he's not for me, but he'll more often than not deliver a trophy for you. How he does it is a different matter. He's a 'poor man's' Mourinho in my opinion. Jose ultimately delivered at Real, but he failed to win friends and in the end his combative, pragmatic style did for him. What was it Ramon Calderon, the X President of Real called him - 'an enemy of football'? It'll end in tears fir Rafa as well, but I know he won't care - the bank balance will be a lot healthier and there'll be another trophy or two on his cv.

Meanwhile.....can you imagine being part of the end of season review at Anfield? I would love to have been there. Brendan Rodgers explaining away Lpool's miserable season in front of Ian Ayre, the club's chief executive, and Fenway Sports representatives. I imagine it went something like this.

'So Brendan. A miserable season. Failure in the Lge. Failure in the Cups. Failure in the C Lge, in fact none of us still has any idea why you tossed it off in Madrid, and a wasted £100m'. Who's to blame?'

'Well. It wasn't all my fault. For a start, I didn't spend that £100m on my own'.

Ian Ayre splutters. Regains composure, whilst gazing admiringly out of the window at his brand new Harley, bought with last season's bonus. 'Yea, well. You did insist we bought Balotelli. You were certain you could succeed where so many others had failed. Mourinho called him 'un-manageable' remember?'

'I don't think he failed entirely. He did help himself to a couple of goals'.

'Coach', interrupts the FSG rep. 'Who picks the team?'

'Er. Me'.

'Who takes all the training sessions?'

'Er. Me'

'Who nicked a playing system off Basle and passed it off as his own?'

'Er. Me'

'Who promised C Lge football again this season?'

Er. Me'.

'So you're responsible for everything on the playing side. Team selection, systems, objectives, training - the whole damn lot?

'Er, yes'.

'Right. There can only be one thing for it,,....'

'Er, gulp'

'Colin Pascoe and Mike Marsh have got to go'

'But not me?'

'Not yet'.

'Couldn't agree more. Never mind they were part of the success we had the year before. They've got to go'.

Unbelievable. Whatever happened to loyalty and 'in it together'? Pascoe is his mate for goodness sake. Marsh was a veiled and weak link to the 'Boot Room' days, but nevertheless a 'red'.

Before you all start screaming and shouting again - yes, I do like Liverpool. I was brought up on Liverpool. I once admired everything about Liverpool. But this kind of behaviour betrays Liverpool and all the values the club once held dear. It's cheap. Shabby. Rodgers should've walked and gone with some dignity.

When Sky sacked my buddy Andy Gray there was only one thing on my mind 'I'm out too'. I slipped out of the back garden, across fields and into a nearby nursery, run by a very good friend of mine. I still chuckle Jamie.....! I was in a car and off to Heathrow leaving the clowns besieging my house well behind.

I took a plane to Qatar and agreed a deal to work for beIN Sports predecessor, Al Jazeera. I would combine it with work at TalkSPORT.

When I arrived in Doha I noticed a busy member of Qatar Airways staff had tweeted that he'd put me on a plane. That's when the fun and games started. Sky hadn't expected us to be working again so quickly.

I wasn't staying after Andy had been dumped on. If he was out - I was out. So as you can see, I offer an objective opinion from a position of strength.

Rodgers needs a very good start next season. He'd better be challenging for the title at Xmas or I believe he's gone anyway. And he'll be gone with his reputation for loyalty in tatters. It'll be interesting to see what he has to say about Raheem Sterling on that subject now.

The FIFA meltdown requires a mention. I'm delighted Sepp Blatter has finally done the right thing. I said last time I posted this blog I felt an opportunity had been missed for long overdue change. Now that process can begin, but let's have it without the hysteria about 2018/22.

I repeat, if either bid is 'proven' to be compromised, then we need to re visit the voting process. But right now nothing has been 'proven'. And it's full steam ahead in Qatar.

Next time I file it'll be from Miami. Andy and I are joining our colleagues at beIN Sports America to be part of their Copa America coverage. I can't wait. I think the football will be good, but I only have fond memories of Miami and I'm looking forward to putting them to the test!

http://richardajkeys.com/richards-blog/entry/what-a-fias-coe-at-lpool

yet another top top blog from keysy, offering an objective opinion from a position of strength

I don't usually read long posts, but it was one of Sean's, so I did.

:lol!:

Some operator our Keysey.

cheers mate.

love keysy's description of escaping through the nursery from the press goons.

reminded me of another top top broadcaster.

stile1TV.jpg

field1tv.jpg

field2tv.jpg

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Hollyz

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼