Reducing The Minimum Wage Helps The Country

Thanks for coming back to me on this HBB, I'm not here to argue and if I can learn something all the better ;)

You made some good points, especially the one of it being counter balanced by workers bringing money in, meaning the difference is so little, something I didn't consider.

"Incidentally, if you're working to a budget, you're far better off planning out every single meal for the week, creating a menu, getting the reciepes and buying your shopping based on that. I was not in paid employment this time last year too, myself and the missus managed to consistently get the weekly shopping down to £20. I know that's England, but I'm a big chap and we ate well. Plan well and you can save a fortune."
I have tried this, I really don't know why we just seem to do better but I'm willing to have a re-think on this.

"But, overall, it's not the case." Like I said I can only go on my own observations, we may have to disagree on this one :rolleyes:

HBB, I had to C&P the above, something else I'm going to have to learn is how to multi quote, like I said thank you for coming back to me on this.
Not a bother.

Incidentally, if you want to get your menu started, we found it easiest to start with Sunday. Get a large piece of meat to roast and make a proper sunday roast. A decent sized chicken shouldn't really cost you more than €5-6.

You can then use the leftover meat for some more meals in the week, such as a salad, or a curry. Make sure you boil up the bones with some onions and carrots to make some stock, can make a couple of litres out of a bird, which, whne combined with some other ingreduents (such as sweetcorn or cream) can make an excellent soup.
Alternatively, you can use it as a stock for risotto.
A big joint of lamb can make a rake of meals. Get one on the bone and use the stock from the bones to make stock and make a cracking stew using leftover meat from the sunday roast.
Use more of the leftover meat with a few spices and some yoghurt to make a curry, or simply freeze it and reuse it later.

Aldi publish what their 'super six' are the week beforehand. Might be a good idea to look at that and base your menu on some items from it.

Or find what veg is in season, it's almost always on special offer and usually of far better quality.

Here's the easiest and cheapest dish I know. It's also quite tasty, if you do it right, just take it easy when frying the garlic and chillis. Make sure nobody eating it is going to meet someone else later on that evening...

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/...aghetti-with-olive-oil-garlic-and-chilli.html

Still no talk of a maximum wage i see.there are people earning too much in this country and it's not the poor sods on min wage.

the first fianna fail guy that knocks on my door is getting a punch on the nose.

the cunt.

flies are a good source of protein. find an alley and catch enough flies to mash together into the shape of a burger. the fly burger will have something like 8 times the protein of a regular burger. saw it on tv the other day, tribes actually do this.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Blades
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

7th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼