Recommend a new phone.

Joey Beltram said:
I spent ages looking for a phone and got this:

nokia_3230_168063c.jpg

nokia 3230

syncs up to outlook, blue tooth, mms, gprs, 1.3 mp camera,and takes up to 1 gig mini mmc cards. really good tft scxreen as well, very bright

well happy with it.

around 300 yoyos
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting Mr.bond. And takes up to 1 gig mini mmc cards. Worth it?

Bob's Me Uncle said:
it has to be the Ericsson K750i best phone ever and i've had my fair share, bought a 1gb memory card for it so i use it in the gym etc as my mp3 player, 2megapixel camera, bluetooth app that allows you to control your laptop (the fact that this was built in made me love the phone), a lot of handy extras, USB charger, excellent headset, radio the list goes on and on.
682.jpg

Nicewanbiy said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting Mr.bond. And takes up to 1 gig mini mmc cards. Worth it?

aye wicked phone

theres this GPS software called TOMTOM which works on it as well,
turns your phone into a GPS with a GUI.

just trying to get a cracjed version.....

sham,

i got it in the 3g shop, get em online from expansys as well

Well Sham, considering you're a businessy type, I would recommend this:
nokia_9300_01.jpg

Almost exactly the same size as the old 6310i, has a full keyboard, 80mb of onboard memory and a full suite of office applications(Word processor (Documents), spreadsheet viewer and editor (Sheet), presentation viewer and editor (Presentations)
Compatible with the most common features of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (MS Office 97 or later). Other applications: calculator, file manager, voice recorder, and music player).

Again with the MMCs, up to 2GB, good email support (Support protocols: IMAP4, POP3, APOP, SMTP, MIME, IMAP4-SSL/TLS, POP3-SSL/TLS, SMTP-SSL/TLS, and OMA Data Synchronization), and I'm not sure how you feel about mobile phone cameras but you strike me as a man wo really couldn't care less about them. It doesn't have one.

It does have up to 6 hours talk time however.

Don't take my word for it:
http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/Nokia_9300/4505-6452_16-31085891.html

Again, unless you want 3G specifically, go for the 6230i, 1.3MP camera, good display, small, takes big memory cards, radio etc...

One bad point about the 3230 is that it only plays audio in mono through the headset. It's fine but if you're into your music, the reduction in quality will grate.

The K750i is also a good option, can't really fault it too much, along with the W800i, which is basically the same phone.

You could also do worse than the XDA 2 if you're on O2.
Otherwise, I think I've said enough about the 6680 on this site for you to get an opinion, and the Motorola E1000 is also a fine phone to check out.

hmm, im not too big on sony ericsson phones as i got a k700i awhile back and reception is never as good as with my old nokia. When I call someone they can often hear that annoying tudtuuduuduuh sound when the phone is trying to stay connected or something. The camera is good tho, even though the pictures slow down the phone a wee bit.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

3rd May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼