Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Elvis.

10/10, one of the best films I've ever watched.

And THAT music. Dear God in heaven, that fucking music.

I don't have the words.
Just watched the 68 special on you tube. What a fucking performer, undoubtedly one of the GOATS.

But the thing that strikes me most about it is how bloody full of life he is. Handsome, charisma by the lava load, vibrant, energetic, magnificent, just fucking brimming with life.

And 9 years later he was a busted overweight drug addict and dead.

What the actual fuck?

Kind of reminds me of Maradona tbh. Guys who had greatness innate in them, but by Christ they paid some hell of a price for it.

Just watched the 68 special on you tube. What a fucking performer, undoubtedly one of the GOATS.

But the thing that strikes me most about it is how bloody full of life he is. Handsome, charisma by the lava load, vibrant, energetic, magnificent, just fucking brimming with life.

What the actual fuck?

Kind of reminds me of Maradona tbh. Guys who had greatness innate in them, but by Christ they paid some hell of a price for it.
I did a tour of sun studios in Memphis years ago. They have some great footage of him, but one thing that amazed me was when they had sessions with him, Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis, etc Elvis was the one in charge. He was seen as the leader by all the other musicians there.

All of those sessions were illegal under Elvis's contract with Col. Parker. So tight was the contract that they weren't even allowed to record themselves when he was there. Hence the phrase "Elvis has left the building"!

I did a tour of sun studios in Memphis years ago. They have some great footage of him, but one thing that amazed me was when they had sessions with him, Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis, etc Elvis was the one in charge. He was seen as the leader by all the other musicians there.

All of those sessions were illegal under Elvis's contract with Col. Parker. So tight was the contract that they weren't even allowed to record themselves when he was there. Hence the phrase "Elvis has left the building"!
I really have to go there to see it someday.

Grew up listening to him as my parents were both big fans, but you know,, things change and you forget some interests. But that film has reminded me how much I love that music (not just Elvis, but he's a huge part of it obv).

Great story btw, thanks.

I'm the opposite, I hated it, couldn't wait for it to finish tbh.
I didn't hate it but was disappointed in it. I thought there was too much of the gyrating hips and not enough of the real elvis. He could sing a slow ballad with the best of them. Absolutely bring tears from a stone. This part was completely ignored. He wasn't just elvis the pelvis but so much more.

I didn't hate it but was disappointed in it. I thought there was too much of the gyrating hips and not enough of the real elvis. He could sing a slow ballad with the best of them. Absolutely bring tears from a stone. This part was completely ignored. He wasn't just elvis the pelvis but so much more.
That's a good point actually. His range was incredible.

If I can dream makes the hairs on my neck stand up when I listen to it, same with Glory Glory, and In the Ghetto.

What the actual fuck?

Some people just have it. He was one of them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Hank Wedel
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

13th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼