Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

The Wonder 01/10 outrageous netflix shit altogether, a story about a just post famine bog poor Irish family who decide to starve their little girl because of unholy incest with her brother as a form of redemption. An English nurse arrives as a saving angel against the angst of the mucksavage backwards local council who believe the girl not eating is a sign from heaven as she is being fed manna from heaven. The girl is rescued and brought to a new comparatively lavish life life in England with her Irish born West Brit husband whom assumes an English name, I don't mind putting a spoiler alert coz it is a SHIT movie, I thought it was a horror film at first but had to play it to the end. It is an utter insult to the real tragedy of the millions that died in the famine and it is taking the piss to make up a story about an Irish family starving their little girl due to religious mania and ignorance and then being redeemed by an enlightened English wan. NETFUX NEEDS TO BE CALLED OUT ON THIS.
sounds like a right pile o'shite

will avoid

The Banshees Of Inisherin.

Don't expect another In Bruges, it's nothing like it.
Fantastic acting from Farrell, Gleeson, Keoghan and Kerry Condon in a simple story with some dark undertones.
It kept my interest from start to finish and some of the scenery is breathtaking.
I was left wanting more at the end but that's the whole point of the film.

A very enjoyable 8/10.

I saw it yesterday in a funny old place called the cinema. A place I used to go to quite often.

This was an amazing film. It started out very twee and I was thinking to myself here we go it’s ‘Father Ted’ all over again.

It quickly settled in though and nailed it on every count. I’m going to go see it again. Bord Failte must be delighted with it.

The Wonder 01/10 outrageous netflix shit altogether, a story about a just post famine bog poor Irish family who decide to starve their little girl because of unholy incest with her brother as a form of redemption. An English nurse arrives as a saving angel against the angst of the mucksavage backwards local council who believe the girl not eating is a sign from heaven as she is being fed manna from heaven. The girl is rescued and brought to a new comparatively lavish life life in England with her Irish born West Brit husband whom assumes an English name, I don't mind putting a spoiler alert coz it is a SHIT movie, I thought it was a horror film at first but had to play it to the end. It is an utter insult to the real tragedy of the millions that died in the famine and it is taking the piss to make up a story about an Irish family starving their little girl due to religious mania and ignorance and then being redeemed by an enlightened English wan. NETFUX NEEDS TO BE CALLED OUT ON THIS.
I'm only 30 mins into it, it's not terrible. Slow moving, but I like that sometimes. I could watch Florence anytime. Apart from that, last night I watched, for the 3rd time, Starship Troopers. So cheesy and gory but a lot of bang for your buck. I wonder what the actors look like now? Must have been an 80's film.

A Bronx Tale, on RTE last night.
Magnificent fillm. I knew I knew the mother from somewhere but couldn't think where.

Looked it up. Charmaine Bucco from The Sopranos.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Shlomo Franklin
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

27th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Robot Dreams (G)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼