Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

First Man - 8.5/10

Excellent film with stellar performances from Ryan Gosling and especially Claire Foy (who also plays the young QEII in The Crown) - it tells the story of the life and times of astronaut Neil Armstrong from his X-15 edge of space flight in 1961 up to his famous 1969 moon landing as the first human to walk on the moon. The rocket launch scenes were very harrowing and would make anyone think twice about spaceflight!

I've read about Armstrong and he was apparently a very private, modest and decent man with the NASA-required "right stuff." I think Ryan Gosling captured these traits perfectly, especially given how much tragedy Armstrong endured in those years - losing his toddler daughter, his pal Ed White in the Apollo 1 fire and another friend in another accident. Claire Foy was superb as his wife. We badly need more men like Neil Armstrong today.

Last edited:
First Man - 8.5/10 Excellent film with stellar performances from Ryan Gosling and especially Claire Foy (who also plays the young QEII in The Crown) - it tells the story of the life and times of astronaut Neil Armstrong from his X-15 edge of space flight in 1961 up to his famous 1969 moon landing as the first human to walk on the moon. The rocket launch scenes were very harrowing and would make anyone think twice about spaceflight! I've read about Armstrong and he was apparently a very private, modest and decent man with the NASA-required "right stuff." I think Ryan Gosling captured these traits perfectly, especially given how much tragedy Armstrong endured in those years - losing his toddler daughter, his pal ED white in the Apollo 1 fire and another friend in another accident. Claire Foy was superb as his wife. We badly need more men like Neil Armstrong today.

Agreed.

Very underplayed drama.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sister Act The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

3rd Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼