Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

The Wonder 01/10 outrageous netflix shit altogether, a story about a just post famine bog poor Irish family who decide to starve their little girl because of unholy incest with her brother as a form of redemption. An English nurse arrives as a saving angel against the angst of the mucksavage backwards local council who believe the girl not eating is a sign from heaven as she is being fed manna from heaven. The girl is rescued and brought to a new comparatively lavish life life in England with her Irish born West Brit husband whom assumes an English name, I don't mind putting a spoiler alert coz it is a SHIT movie, I thought it was a horror film at first but had to play it to the end. It is an utter insult to the real tragedy of the millions that died in the famine and it is taking the piss to make up a story about an Irish family starving their little girl due to religious mania and ignorance and then being redeemed by an enlightened English wan. NETFUX NEEDS TO BE CALLED OUT ON THIS.

The Wonder 01/10 outrageous netflix shit altogether, a story about a just post famine bog poor Irish family who decide to starve their little girl because of unholy incest with her brother as a form of redemption. An English nurse arrives as a saving angel against the angst of the mucksavage backwards local council who believe the girl not eating is a sign from heaven as she is being fed manna from heaven. The girl is rescued and brought to a new comparatively lavish life life in England with her Irish born West Brit husband whom assumes an English name, I don't mind putting a spoiler alert coz it is a SHIT movie, I thought it was a horror film at first but had to play it to the end. It is an utter insult to the real tragedy of the millions that died in the famine and it is taking the piss to make up a story about an Irish family starving their little girl due to religious mania and ignorance and then being redeemed by an enlightened English wan. NETFUX NEEDS TO BE CALLED OUT ON THIS.
Its adapted from an Emma Donoghue novel. As with most of her novels there is a lot of historical research to back up the story.

Can't speak to the Netflix adaptation but the book is brilliant.

To quote the famous jimmym "Don't sit on the fence anyway Harry".

Leprechauny oirish shite /10

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Roy Orbison Reborn starring Dean Bourne

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼