Radiohead - New Album released Saturday Feb 19th

This has made my day...... but 36 or 39 quid for a physical copy is a bit much though(i couldnt give a toss about all the shite theyre throwing in with it)lot of money right now,im gonna download this(illegally)and buy it when its released "properely".....just like last time

Despite my little moan im delighted with this,thought "In Rainbows" was their best yet

This has made my day...... but 36 or 39 quid for a physical copy is a bit much though(i couldnt give a toss about all the shite theyre throwing in with it)lot of money right now,im gonna download this(illegally)and buy it when its released "properely".....just like last time

Despite my little moan im delighted with this,thought "In Rainbows" was their best yet

The physical edition you mention, is a special edition, for £30 sterling, for this you get the download(from next Saturday), and when it is released in mid may next, you get the CD and double 10" vinyl versions of the album++.

If you just want the digital download then thats £6.

I would expect that the new album will also be available as a standard CD also, this is what happened with "in Rainbows" where a physical standard Cd came out a few months after the download was released. I'm not sure why you downloaded "In Rainbows" illegally, as it was available for Free when it came out first - you could pay anything you wanted including, nothing.(or was it a 1p minimum, whatever)

I'm not sure why you downloaded "In Rainbows" illegally, as it was available for Free when it came out first - you could pay anything you wanted including, nothing.(or was it a 1p minimum, whatever)

Oh sorry your right,i meant that i downloaded without paying then bought the album when it was released.......tbh im not big on "special editions",id much rather a standard size cd that fit in with all my other Radiohead cds,i dont have a record player either so its not really worth my while

But,as i said,i cant wait,was very cool to stumble across this on FB awhile ago,was having a very shit day,cheered me up:)

Tracklisting doing the rounds...

1Radiohead – Sterile (5:35)
2Radiohead – Nag (6:55)
3Radiohead – Orange, But Still Blue (4:39)
4Radiohead – Oddly (8:53)
5Radiohead – In Air (6:00)
6Radiohead – The King Of Limbs (14:57)
7Radiohead – Midafternoon Sunset (4:15)
8Radiohead – Couldn't (4:23)

The length of King of Limbs :shock:

Just ordered the Radiohead album, but why can’t I have the audio now?”
Jim Carroll

That’s a tweet from Joe Taylor earlier this morning, one of many tweets, blog posts and news stories relating to the release of the new Radiohead album “King Of Limbs” (great title) on Saturday next. The album is now available to be ordered and it’s highly likely that it’s ready to go right about now – I imagine Radiohead are not the kind of band who leave things to the last minute in the recording studio. So why the hold-up?

Traditionally, the delay between the announcement of a new record and the release date was to do with that old-school record business idea of building some hype around a release. You had a few weeks or days to get ink and media attention about an upcoming release. It applied to everyone: the record industry would insist that a band of Radiohead’s stature, a band with a fanatical fanbase built during years with and many releases on a major label, would have to put in the hype to get word out about the release.

Personally, I don’t really think that Radiohead need to do this anymore. I reckon they could put the album out tomorrow and it would still dominate the conversation all week. But for all their experience and popularity, they’re still unable to get away from the way things have always been done.

It is surprising because Radiohead have shown themselves open to trying out new-ish ideas (the initial release of “In Rainbows”, for example), yet they’re also quite conservative too (look at how they jumped into bed with established labels XL and ATO for the physical release of that last album). You would think that they’d feel confident in their own appeal not to have to spend the week before a release getting the interwebs excited about the album, but there you go. It seems that even the most self-proclaimed radical of bands feel they have to stay in tune with how things have always been done.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Dan O Keeffe

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼