Racism in the Gaa

Some of those "Gaels" of Ulster ,as that dirty Shinner spawn scumbag Joe Brolly calls them, are as bad as any racists. Even a Protestant who has an interest in GAA will be driven out from playing the games. The same "Gaels" can be found taunting the "Freestaters" over bailouts when their Nordie team comes to Croke Park.

Some of those "Gaels" of Ulster ,as that dirty Shinner spawn scumbag Joe Brolly calls them, are as bad as any racists. Even a Protestant who has an interest in GAA will be driven out from playing the games. The same "Gaels" can be found taunting the "Freestaters" over bailouts when their Nordie team comes to Croke Park.

You were at the Down game this summer I take it CLF? When a certain intercounty managers brother got one of the all time great Cork rattlings?

I see it at under 12's.

I've heard a lot of underage stories of African lads getting horrible abuse from both the opposition and the sidelines. This could be a big problem in a few years. You'd hope that intercounty fans would have a bit of cop on, but there's lads on here that act as if Kerry people are a different race.

You were at the Down game this summer I take it CLF? When a certain intercounty managers brother got one of the all time great Cork rattlings?

Yes , I was. When the aforementioned fine Ulster "Gael" gave his kind thoughts on (his) Queen coming to Cork, and then kindly offered one euro towards the "Free State" debt to his native United Kingdom. Do I know you? Down fans were proper scum that day. And I won't forget the Tyrone scumbag behind me in '09 who kept shouting IRA anti-FreeStater comments and pointing his invisible IRA sniperman's rifle at Cork players and pulled the trigger whenever Shields or Canty got the ball. Brolly is staright out of that Ulster "Gael" school.

I've heard a lot of underage stories of African lads getting horrible abuse from both the opposition and the sidelines. This could be a big problem in a few years. You'd hope that intercounty fans would have a bit of cop on, but there's lads on here that act as if Kerry people are a different race.

i saw it myself this year at an u16 football game. black lad was running the show and one little toerag who was one of those lads that makes up the numbers on underage teams usually thrown in at corner forward came out of nowhere and creased him. when the black kid got up and squared up to the other fella he spat on the ground in front of him and called him a dirty nigger. I heard afterwards that the kid got suspended by the club for 3 years but Im sure everyone of us would have played with or know someone like thelittle toerag. Just there were very few black lads playing when we were growing up and Im afraid this kind of incident will become alot morecommon in the years ahead.

Good story about when Midleton wee playing club c/ship against one of the Antrim teams and the free stater expression was used on one of the Midleton players , unfortunately for the Antrim lad he picked the wrong one , his name escapes me at the moment but i think he was one of a set of brothers on the team.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼