Quick Sell: Guidance Needed

Hi
I am moving away from the country and would like to sell my car. Its a 02C Astra, 150K miles up on it... the thing is the NCT is out with a while and there is about 200 EUR worth of repairs to get it through. Im wondering with a car this old, would it be better to scrap it or sell it for parts? It seems to me like a lot of money to get it in shape to sell, and then might not even make that money back.

Can someone advise me here?
Thanks a mil

Hi
I am moving away from the country and would like to sell my car. Its a 02C Astra, 150K miles up on it... the thing is the NCT is out with a while and there is about 200 EUR worth of repairs to get it through. Im wondering with a car this old, would it be better to scrap it or sell it for parts? It seems to me like a lot of money to get it in shape to sell, and then might not even make that money back.

Thanks a mil
is there body damage? How well is it running, what repairs are needed?

Hi

Thanks a mil

200e is very little. That's barely a decent service.

On Carzone there are 2003 Astras on sale for up to 3,000e.
http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Opel/Astra/2002?searchsource=browse

Get it repaired, get the NCT cert and put it on the pink pages in the Echo and on a few websites. A full year's NCT cert is a selling point for a car that old. 150k is plenty of mileage but it's not outrageous for a car that age. Someone might get two or three years out of it still if it's looked after.

Get it repaired, get the NCT cert and put it on the pink pages in the Echo and on a few websites. A full year's NCT cert is a selling point for a car that old. 150k is plenty of mileage but it's not outrageous for a car that age. Someone might get two or three years out of it still if it's looked after.

Its not worth 3k. With nct & good service (timing belt & water pump) its worth 1200, if ya need it sold today ya might get 250/300.

Nah, there was a bit of damage to the boot and its let some damp into the car. Also timing belt went, and had to get some parts replaced so it doesnt have the rev it used to have... could be flogging a dead horse! It might be time to move it on

Nah, there was a bit of damage to the boot and its let some damp into the car. Also timing belt went, and had to get some parts replaced so it doesnt have the rev it used to have... could be flogging a dead horse! It might be time to move it on

Valve & seat damage so. Scrap yard I'm afraid. Although some youngfella might buy it for a project, like an engine could be got for a 100quid.
Throw it up on on donedeal.ie & adverts.ie. Someone might make an offer.

Btw, are there alloys on it?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Café And Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼