Q bout phone...

last night i was txt sumone when screen freezes.i turned fone off but when i turned it back on ,just as i was typing in my pin,the it goes off again and contact service comes up.

does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong or what i need to do?
kinda fxxked without phone now

chipsncheese said:
i only have the thing just over a year
what kind of phone is it? Anyway that wouldn't matter a whole lot, phones aren't lasting as long as they used to, the nokia 3310 could have gotten awful hardship and be grand, the smaller more done up phones fuck up a lot easier with all the junk inside of them.

Chipsncheese, sounds to me like there is something loose in your phone. Possibly the battery.

Take it into a phone repair shop and I'd say they'll fix it fairly lively. Intermittent problems like that are usually a connection after coming loose.

It doesn't sound like a major problem. Alot of people would tend to think that a phone do be fucked because they don't bother bring it in to be repaired. Usually a repair doesn't cost that much.

chipsncheese said:
last night i was txt sumone when screen freezes.i turned fone off but when i turned it back on ,just as i was typing in my pin,the it goes off again and contact service comes up.

does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong or what i need to do?
kinda fxxked without phone now

When you sober up, you will see that your phone is fine, but you've fcuked up the microwave settings.

That sounds like and APO (Auto Power Off) problem.

Depends on the phone on how to fix it, but the problem is probably some form of software glitch or corruption. I dunno about the connection stuff BKO, it's not massively usualy for that to create an APO, but its not unheard of.

Most phones have protection against the battery having briefly intermittent battery contact, although it wouldn't hurt to check the connections for dirt and give em a quich wipe with ethanol using a cotton bud (and leave it to dry for a few minutes).

I dunno what you mean by "Contact service" message. I haven't seen that in a phone yet, so maybe it's a release software version thingy.

If it's a Nokia, bring it to Clear Communications.

Proinsias said:
That sounds like and APO (Auto Power Off) problem.

Depends on the phone on how to fix it, but the problem is probably some form of software glitch or corruption. I dunno about the connection stuff BKO, it's not massively usualy for that to create an APO, but its not unheard of.

Most phones have protection against the battery having briefly intermittent battery contact, although it wouldn't hurt to check the connections for dirt and give em a quich wipe with ethanol using a cotton bud (and leave it to dry for a few minutes).

I dunno what you mean by "Contact service" message. I haven't seen that in a phone yet, so maybe it's a release software version thingy.

If it's a Nokia, bring it to Clear Communications.
Reason I was saying connection problem is because my phones sim comes loose a few times per day. It's very frustrating. I am a lazy bastard so haven't bothered getting it fixed. I'm sure enough that the battery is loose, and is what is causing my problem as when I put a thin piece of cardboard in there it works grand.

You know alot more about phones than I do, though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Chris Kent and Gearóid Farrelly
The White Horse, Ballincollig

17th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern : Showcase

Coughlan's, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼