Pubs that are no more in Cork

Was that where Route 14 is now?
Celias was situated at the end of Forge Hill. It had been in the procession of the Neville family before it was sold on. The premises
came to grief shortly after. It had been a great bowling pub back the years and, due to it's strategic location, wasn't subject to the strictures of Holy Hour.

All I remembered was a pool table, which is impressive considering how fucked I was.

Rumples is now the Abbot Ale House but used to be The Devonshire Arms which I had a soft spot for as it was my late old man's local in town. Dennis the owner used to top my glasses of Coke with a dash of Guinness so I could feel like a man. Surprised I didn't develop asthma given the amount of time I spent in pubs as a child.
I remember that now, Rumplestilskins. I'd forgotten that

The Exchange Bar up near the Butter Exchange. A truly wonderful bar. It was mainly peopled, other than by locals, serious aficionados of brass band music. Myself and my late friend used to walk from the Southside to savour the delights of a great establishment.

Years back on a Sunday session that started out in Turners Cross, we ended up in Rumplestiltskins to try this new 12% beer they had. Mank but I was wasted. We headed for the Roundy. A friend carried me through Pana on his back, couldn't even hold onto his shoulders. Basically he held my legs around his waist as I hung upside down with my hands trailing the footpath. Wasn't even late so fuck knows what passers by must have thought. Anyhoo, I just about made myself presentable at the Roundy, and I got in. My good mate didn't. Not healthy for a few days after. I do remember a pool table though, which is always a sign of a rough house. ;)
#pooltableflashback

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Garron Noone

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼