Pubs reopening June 29th

Had a few pints around town tonight. Some wild prices after the most recent increases. Unprecedented.

The pubs that didn't take the piss with price rises in the immediate aftermath of Covid don't look too bad, but I encountered some laughable prices tonight.

Beamish now the same price as Guinness in many places, and Murphys more expensive than both. I can't imagine that has ever been the case before.

ventured into town last night for a night
with the lads, first night in town in 5 years id say, eye opener to see so many tapping cards, id say most have absolutely no idea what they spent, so easy for pubs to stick a few euro on,

ventured into town last night for a night
with the lads, first night in town in 5 years id say, eye opener to see so many tapping cards, id say most have absolutely no idea what they spent, so easy for pubs to stick a few euro on,
Happened me on the Jazz weekend. I won’t name the pub but they charged me for a bottle of wine instead of a glass - €27 of a difference. I just tapped and happened to look at my bank account for something else altogether a few days later and spotted the charge which was clearly not right. When I contacted them I was able to give a load of detail so they knew I wasn’t pissed or chancing my arm and they gave it back

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Le Boom

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼