Pubs reopening June 29th

Strolling to work earlier, I noticed a load of college-aged kids in Christmas jumpers wandering up Barrack St. from all directions.

A lot were drinking from naggins/cans/2ltr Coke bottles. Some were pissed.

Got to the office and one of the younger lads told me that there's a Techno Christmas party all-dayer kicking off in The Harp Bar at 10am.

Neil will be box office later.

Yup - today is the UCC students' "Christmas Day". On the razzle from early til late.

Strolling to work earlier, I noticed a load of college-aged kids in Christmas jumpers wandering up Barrack St. from all directions.

Got to the office and one of the younger lads told me that there's a Techno Christmas party all-dayer kicking off in The Harp Bar at 10am.

Coors light seems to be the breakfast beer of choice! Flannarys seemed to be open at 9am, and big queues for Cissys and the one opposite it at about half 9.

Christmas jumper day apparently. The place will be messy as fuck later.

This shit again. Twould make you nostalgic for lockdown:cautious:

FiUiY6-XoAI9y1y

NrrUtF9Q

Ok granted Cissie Youngs , its a short hop to the College but what kind of animal goes day drinking in The Harp?

Is this a CIT event?

I went to see Bad Manners tonight in the Oliver Plunkett, and headed over to a nearby pub after for a pint. A place owned by a well known guy who occasionally posts on here.

I don't think I've ever encountered a more inhospitable bartender in all my years of bar hopping. Bizarre as this is usually a solid spot, but this one does not want to be here at all.

Wouldn't bother with it again if looking for a late drink. The Oak is open late too and I doubt I'd get the same cold shoulder.

I went to see Bad Manners tonight in the Oliver Plunkett, and headed over to a nearby pub after for a pint. A place owned by a well known guy who occasionally posts on here.

I don't think I've ever encountered a more inhospitable bartender in all my years of bar hopping. Bizarre as this is usually a solid spot, but this one does not want to be here at all.

Wouldn't bother with it again if looking for a late drink. The Oak is open late too and I doubt I'd get the same cold shoulder.

So you saw Bad Manners in one pub and then you saw bad manners in another pub?
What’s the problem?

Don't bust a blood vessel over it m8.

The Oak is the place late at night...

No funny restrictions on dress/age/level of intoxication

Fully ticks all the diversity boxes

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Simple Things

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼