Pubs reopening June 29th

How much is a pint in town these days? On hols in the West it's €5 for Guinness €5.30 for Heineken. Back in Cork I'll be drinking Beamish if heading out. A fiver + a pint isn't something I'm interested in throwing at a publican. Also notice minerals are circa €3.30 a glass or nearly €7 a pint. Someone is getting twice as much cream at those prices and it ain't the punter.
Was that Galway or Mayo? Mayo would be cheaper. I lived up that way for years.
I read an article today saying the best holiday destination was The Burren. I wouldn't argue with that.
I think a pint in town nears 6 euro now but I don't drink stout so possibly be less than that

Was that Galway or Mayo? Mayo would be cheaper. I lived up that way for years.
I read an article today saying the best holiday destination was The Burren. I wouldn't argue with that.
I think a pint in town nears 6 euro now but I don't drink stout so possibly be less than that
Mostly Galway. Things according to locals were much quieter than last year. Lack of accommodation and car hire prices having an impact. Food offerings much better than last summer's COVID style menu's. There's some nice spots around the Burren but would prefer West Cork from a scenery point of view myself.

Very disappointed in what was Ziggy's. Bad enough that it's allegedly to be turned into a cocktail bar, it still isn't open despite our being told it would be by July.

Come on Benny, my tongue is hanging out at this stage ;)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Diarmuid Ó Meachair
The White Horse, Ballincollig

6th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Danny O Leary

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼