Pubs reopening June 29th

What surprises me is that it says most of the impacted workers are in the kitchen.

I thought places were massively struggling to get kitchen staff?

Hopefully these people can easily find new jobs

New research from the anti alcohol lobby in Canada now is classifying even two drinks a week as high risk to your health,

"The Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction (CCSA) this week called for a substantial reduction in consumption, warning that seemingly moderate drinking poses a number of serious health risks, including cancer, heart disease and stroke.

The new guidelines, funded by Health Canada, represent a dramatic shift from previous recommendations issued in 2011, when Canadians were told that low-risk consumption meant no more than 10 drinks a week for women and 15 drinks a week for men.

“We wanted to simply to present the evidence to the Canadian public, so they could reflect on their drinking and make informed decisions,” said Peter Butt, a professor of family medicine at the University of Saskatchewan and a member of the panel that drafted the guidelines. “It’s fundamentally based on the right to know.”

In its measurements, the CCSA considers a standard drink to be a 12oz (355ml) serving of 5%-alcohol beer, a 5oz (148ml) glass of 12%-alcohol wine or a shot glass of 40% spirits."

Should pubs have to have higher insurance costs to cover the health risks that they expose their customers to?
You're really helping with my insomnia. Thanks Drucker m8, I always knew you had your uses.

What surprises me is that it says most of the impacted workers are in the kitchen.

I thought places were massively struggling to get kitchen staff?

Hopefully these people can easily find new jobs

Was in there before Christmas checking out prices and the like for our work Christmas night out and prices were kinda saucy for what was available in terms of food imho. Had been in there during the year and they'd been offering a very good value Pint and a Burger deal or Pint and a Pizza I think.

Probably a tail off in the pub food after December parties alright.

Was in there before Christmas checking out prices and the like for our work Christmas night out and prices were kinda saucy for what was available in terms of food imho. Had been in there during the year and they'd been offering a very good value Pint and a Burger deal or Pint and a Pizza I think.

Probably a tail off in the pub food after December parties alright.

I ate in the Oliver Plunkett one night with herself and it was rubbish. I had bacon and cabbage or something like that.

Is Montys other place An Sibin still going? I haven't seen it open in a long time but I'd only be around that area midweek

I ate in the Oliver Plunkett one night with herself and it was rubbish. I had bacon and cabbage or something like that.

Is Montys other place An Sibin still going? I haven't seen it open in a long time but I'd only be around that area midweek
I googled that. There's a load of pictures obviously taken by a staff photographer up on Google.

They'd be better off ringing a DJ of which the PROC provides a multitute of willing partners.

Not sure about that tbh. I think there's a constant ongoing drift away from pub life tbh. Fewer and fewer pubs trading, while more seem to be drinking at home or bushing.
You say it like it is a bad thing.

Alcohol consumption amongst younger people had dropped and they are not heading into pubs after work for a few pints like the older generations.

You pass cafes, ice cream parlours, bubble tea, and restaurants etc in the evening and they are busy while pubs have a few punters in there at best and they are not young people or immigrants etc.

We have too many pubs as it is and the good ones will always thrive.

Not sure about that tbh. I think there's a constant ongoing drift away from pub life tbh. Fewer and fewer pubs trading, while more seem to be drinking at home or bushing.
i go to a gym twice a week, mainly younger crowd there, younger people are more into body image and fitness these days,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sister Act The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼