Premier League 21/22

This is a simply superb analysis of Palace under Hodgson and Vieira that puts most ex pro "what a goal" merchants to shame. A brilliant read.
Excellent article. I think that the general quality of following football would be enhanced by this kind of piece. I don't see Redknapp or Rio ever being capable of this. In fairness, I'm not sure that Keane, Neville or Carragher are either. If they are, why are they so reluctant to share it? Could it be that the viewers are simply not thought to be capable of understanding it?

This is a simply superb analysis of Palace under Hodgson and Vieira that puts most ex pro "what a goal" merchants to shame. A brilliant read.

The tv pundits are for entertainment purposes only. Very little information is given.

MNF has done interesting segments with Neville and Carragher but I reckon their bosses are more interested in the banter aspect of punditry rather than the nuts and bolts of tactics. More clickable clips of Keane and Carragher squawking at each other on social media = more advertising revenue.

Most of these lads are multi-millionaires and I sound think getting them to work hard on a “boring” presentation would be above their sphere of interest. There’s very little nuance in what they do.

Soccer AM had young wans parading around in front of rabid gobshites up til recently enough. That’s the target audience for sky these days.

Excellent article. I think that the general quality of following football would be enhanced by this kind of piece. I don't see Redknapp or Rio ever being capable of this. In fairness, I'm not sure that Keane, Neville or Carragher are either. If they are, why are they so reluctant to share it? Could it be that the viewers are simply not thought to be capable of understanding it?
The tv pundits are for entertainment purposes only. Very little information is given.

MNF has done interesting segments with Neville and Carragher but I reckon their bosses are more interested in the banter aspect of punditry rather than the nuts and bolts of tactics. More clickable clips of Keane and Carragher squawking at each other on social media = more advertising revenue.

Most of these lads are multi-millionaires and I sound think getting them to work hard on a “boring” presentation would be above their sphere of interest. There’s very little nuance in what they do.

Soccer AM had young wans parading around in front of rabid gobshites up til recently enough. That’s the target audience for sky these days.
I’d say lads a lot of ex pros would be capable of this kind of analysis but as OT says, it’s not encouraged.

Neville and Carragher can and have done it.

Also you can do serious analysis and have banter too. See Giles, Dunphy and Brady in their prime. A perfect blend with Billo the antagonist. We barely knew how good we had it.

Unsurprising given the amount of dross they’ve signed.

That would've been my thinking too, but sitting down and taking a look at it I'm not sure he's done too badly.

A huge chunk of the signings were free or very low fee. But on the flip side, those guys often come with a chunk wage, and the vast majority bombed out. Andros Townsend looks to be one of the only ones in that category who has pulled his weight.

He started out well in 18/19. A tidy profit could be had for Richarlison and Digne has been one of the better PL left-backs during his time at Everton.

Mina, like Allan & Doucoure from last season, has done well when available - but all three players have missed more games than you'd want through injury. Throw in Andre Gomes, who was playing some good stuff before that horrible ankle injury. If they were a bit luckier with midfield injuries then they'd be in a healthier position.

The three in red amount to a £75m outlay for precious little return through. Which is really going to hurt a side at Everton's level and has probably hurt Brand's stature at the club more than anything.

You can see how they are struggling up top without DCL. If a chunk of that cash was available for a decent partner/back-up then they might not look so toothless.

21/22 - Demarai Gray - £1.8m
21/22 - Andros Townsend - Free
21/22 - Asmir Begovic - Free
21/22 - Andy Lonergan - Free
21/22 - Salomon Rondon - Free
20/21 - Ben Godfrey - £24.75m
20/21 - Allan - £22.5m
20/21 - Abdoulaye Doucoure - £19.89m
20/21 - Niels Nkounkou - £243,000
20/21 - James Rodriguez - Free
20/21 - Robin Olsen - Loan
20/21 - Joshua King - Unknown
19/20 - Alex Iwobi - £27.36m
19/20 - Moise Keane - £24.75m
19/20 - Andre Gomes - £22.5m
19/20 - Jean-Phillippe Gbamin - £22.5m
19/20 - Fabian Delph - £8.55m
19/20 - Djibril Sidibe - Loan
19/20 - Jarrad Branthwaite - £990,000
19/20 - Jonas Lossl - Free
18/19 - Richarlison - £35.28m
18/19 - Yerry Mina - £27.23m
18/19 - Lucas Digne - £18.18m
18/19 - Kurt Zouma -Loan
18/19 - Andre Gomes - Loan
18/19 - Bernard - Free

Yeah it doesn’t look that bad there on black and white but I heard over the weekend on the radio that their owner had spent 500 million since he arrived.

Yeah it doesn’t look that bad there on black and white but I heard over the weekend on the radio that their owner had spent 500 million since he arrived.
They’ve bought horribly. In the 18 months before the list above they spent the following

Walcott £20m
Schneiderlin £20m
Sigurdsson £45m
Klaasen £25m
Michael Keane £25m
Cenk Tosun £20m+
Yannick Bolasie £26m

All average to shit players.

Last edited:
They’ve bought horribly. In the 18 months before the list above they spent the following

Walcott £20m
Schneiderlin £20m
Sigurdsson £45m
Klaasen £25m
Michael Keane £25m
Cenk Tosun £20m+
Yannick Bolasie £26m

All average to shit players.
Yeah, that’s more like what I thought alright.

Morgan S is playing in a farmers league nowadays

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Camilla Griehsel's Mamasongue
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

12th May 2024 @ 5:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼