plugd records news

This is such awful, awful news but I think we all know Jim & Albert wouldn't have made this decision if they didn't think it was the best thing to do right now :( And I have faith that this is not the end for Plugd!

There's gonna be a big gaping hole not just on Washington St but in the Cork music scene without Plugd. It's been such a huge part of all of our lives for nearly a decade -that's just amazing. It's a community, not just a shop. :(

All the more reason to try and sort something. I mean if Plugd is going through a tough time I think it's almost our responsibility to do something. Obviously they would not have decided to shut up shop for a while (I hope only a while) if it wasn't sustainable in the short-term, but after it closes an event of some sort should happen to help them restart it.

Maybe the difference between Road and this is that Road was gonna completely close down whereas the lads have an eye out for a new premises, or a Plugd v 2.0?

A massive fundraiser would be the job in getting them some cash to help them on their way though, not necessarily to keep the existing shop open. And there's no doubt that we could get a venue, DJs, bands, food, hell even clowns on a unicycle for free for it if we wanted!

ah shite lads . . . very sorry to hear this

doesn't seem that long since i went in there after you opened and bought a pere ubu cd. it's good to know so many people in cork will look at certain things in their music collection (in some cases probably most of their collection) and associate it with plugd. still, not the same as having the place open. i know it's a little cliched, but there's truth in one door closing and another one opening, good luck with phase 2! whatever it is will have massive support i'm sure.

Nice one dudes ;)

Seriously though, there are enough people on this board to get something together, gig promoters & DJs, venue owners....every single person in Cork's music scene over the last 8 years has dealt with Plugd in some way. No one wants it to disappear. If people want to organise something, it can be done. With the boys' blessing of course. Like I said, it doesn't have to be a 'save Plugd in Washington St' thing, it can be a 'raise money for the future' event...If that is what people want.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Chris Kent and Gearóid Farrelly
The White Horse, Ballincollig

17th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Brightsides

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼