plugd records news

Very sad news. Absolutely love the shop, really do. Will be very sad to see it go. Gonna try and make it down next week.

Most people who frequent Plugd will know within an hour and will bust a gut to get into the shop as much as possible.

I see the point you're making though.

thanks folks,
yeah, this isnt a cry for help or anything. things are not working out as they are. big changes need to be made if we will continue on at some stage in the future. sorry for leavin ye in the lurch in the meantime.
that said there will be a few events in the shop in the next week and just after christmas. would be great if ye could pop in for a larf. will keep ye posted.;)

Absolutely no chance of doing a Road Records on it and organizing a massive fundraiser no? I'm pretty sure every band/promoter/gig goes/alternative music lover would be up for spending as much as they afford to keep the place afloat. Is this a possibility?

This is such awful, awful news but I think we all know Jim & Albert wouldn't have made this decision if they didn't think it was the best thing to do right now :( And I have faith that this is not the end for Plugd!

There's gonna be a big gaping hole not just on Washington St but in the Cork music scene without Plugd. It's been such a huge part of all of our lives for nearly a decade -that's just amazing. It's a community, not just a shop. :(

Absolutely no chance of doing a Road Records on it and organizing a massive fundraiser no? I'm pretty sure every band/promoter/gig goes/alternative music lover would be up for spending as much as they afford to keep the place afloat. Is this a possibility?

Was just gonna mention that whole Road Records thing.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..
More events ▼