plugd records news

Hey all,
wanted to get on to some of ye personally before this got out. but well, here you go...
Some news on the plugd front. Ill try and keep it short.
We are shutting up shop after Christmas. Feels weird writing it, but there it is. The plan is to close the doors before the new year. To be honest we don’t know yet if this will be permanent or temporary. It will definitely be a few months and if anything does happen in the future it will be in a different premises with a lot of changes to the business.
After 8 years here it was a difficult decision to make, but it has become increasingly obvious over the last while that things are not working out in our current situation. We really have gone to the wall and we cant see things improving.
The reasons are straight forward enough – business is down, like most others at the moment – and overheads are staying up. Simple as that. Besides the current economic climate the plight of record shops has been well documented. Sadly, there have been a few in Cork that have closed before us, and there are examples in any city you could mention.
Myself and Albert have been throwing ideas around over the last while, thinking about ways to improve matters. A couple of simple things became apparent – selling music is not enough to get by anymore. And we can’t develop further in the premises plugd occupies. Hopefully after we close, we will have a bit of time to come up with a plan b.
Apologies about the inconvenience this might cause people. I will get back to ye over the week with details of our exact closing date and our pre-closing sale. Theres a couple of things going on in plugd before Christmas I will let ye know about too.
Finally, a huge thanks to everyone, from the rockers to the ravers, who have been through the door since we opened - especially our regulars, who kept us going for so long. Its been a real good time
Cheers
Jim / Albert

fair play for keepin the place open as long as ye have. yer fuckin legends! hope yer abel to sort somethin else out.

jesus, im heartbroken..

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼