Please don't poke my eyes out and other shit.

Being ill in another country sucks. I saw myself heroically going to meetings with a 40 degree fever. I am no hero. After 3 days of fever, coughing up strange colored mucus and sneezing out alien stuff from my nose, I went to see a doctor, an Indian man who smiled a lot especially when he shoved two long cotton tipped sticks up my nose. I swear the man was trying to poke my eyeballs out. I had swine flu and was given antibiotics which allowed me to read a complete novel in one sitting on the toilet. I still feel like shit but it's home shit which is comforting.

Being ill in another country sucks. I saw myself heroically going to meetings with a 40 degree fever. I am no hero. After 3 days of fever, coughing up strange colored mucus and sneezing out alien stuff from my nose, I went to see a doctor, an Indian man who smiled a lot especially when he shoved two long cotton tipped sticks up my nose. I swear the man was trying to poke my eyeballs out. I had swine flu and was given antibiotics which allowed me to read a complete novel in one sitting on the toilet. I still feel like shit but it's home shit which is comforting.

Now im no expert but ive a feeling that antibiotics wont kill viruses. Something like Tamiflu or Relenza would have worked on the flu virus

The antibiotics were for chest congestion not the flu. It was too late for Tamiflu. Funny thing is that I had a flu vaccination.

I would have thought that something like an expectorant or cough suppressant would have been better for congestion but anyhoo

This seasons flu vaccine was only about 23% effective across all age groups as around 70% of this season's H3N2 viruses were drift variants

A lot depends on what the country you are in is like.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

25th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼