Playing hurling in one parish and football in the next

Ethelred

Anyone know the procedure for this?

A player plays only hurling in the next parish in a hurling and football club, but wants to play football for their own parish which only play football.

Maybe opening a box of worms here but any one aware of the procedure, it must be possible.

A player plays only hurling in the next parish in a hurling and football club, but wants to play football for their own parish which only play football.

Maybe opening a box of worms here but any one aware of the procedure, it must be possible.
What age is the player and by parish do you mean country or city parish?

Damien Cahalane plays football for Castlehaven and hurling for the Barrs. O Driscoll bros also play for 2 different clubs.

Damien Cahalane plays football for Castlehaven and hurling for the Barrs. O Driscoll bros also play for 2 different clubs.

I always wondered about this rule. I know his father played for Castlehaven and the links that are there but Castlehaven is a long way from where they live. His sisters play for Eire Og in Ladies football and camogie with the Barrs.

I always thought you can only play with a second club if your local club did not play both codes?

Cian McCarthy plays for Douglas and Passage. Calvin Healy plays with the Glen and Delaneys

Douglas/Passage and The Glen/Delaneys are alongside each other.

The Barrs have a hurling and football team so why doesn't Cahalane play both codes with them? I'm fairly sure he lives locally.

I always wondered about this rule. I know his father played for Castlehaven and the links that are there but Castlehaven is a long way from where they live. His sisters play for Eire Og in Ladies football and camogie with the Barrs.

I always thought you can only play with a second club if your local club did not play both codes?

That was my understanding too. Kind of a Canovee Cloghduv arrangement - I think :-/

Douglas/Passage and The Glen/Delaneys are alongside each other.

The Barrs have a hurling and football team so why doesn't Cahalane play both codes with them? I'm fairly sure he lives locally.

Presumably Cahalane plays football for the 'haven because that's where his father a former Castlehaven footballer, and Blackrock "hurler", played.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
DJ Shadow
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

5th Jul 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Robot Dreams (G)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼