Petrol/Diesel prices

That is categorically wrong.
Define what you mean by worse?
We have never tried it in Ireland so how do you know it would make things worse.
No one is saying we can’t reverse any policy we roll out. It’s not a zero sum game. We can always return to the parish priest draconian policy.
If I look at the Netherlands, it’s clearly not made things worse.
Enough with parish priest draconian thing, I've explained where my view comes from.

I note you haven't countered that prolonged use of cannabis in young people has the effects I listed. That's because you can't.

You tell me how legalising it prevents rhose effects let alone closes the gate to other harder drug use and I'm sold.

Legalising it cuts out the contact with drug dealers.

It's harder for kids to get gatt than to get illegal drugs as drug dealers don't ask for id
But the effects on the user are the same.
It's not how it's acquired it's what it does to people, especially young people and the damage it does to their health and futures.

Enough with parish priest draconian thing, I've explained where my view comes from.

I note you haven't countered that prolonged use of cannabis in young people has the effects I listed. That's because you can't.

You tell me how legalising it prevents rhose effects let alone closes the gate to other harder drug use and I'm sold.
The prolonged use of ANYTHING is never ever good, adult or child. Chocolate, salt, alcohol, sunshine you name it. So to answer your question, of course the effects on young people are detrimental. What you can’t seem to explain is why the current policy on weed hasn’t stopped this. And then trying to justify the status quo.

As for your second paragraph, legalising won’t prevent those effects. Just like legal alcohol doesn’t stop alcoholism.
Nothing will stop that.
In relation to harder drugs and the ‘stable door’ as you put it, we could then properly fund our naval fleet, customs and revenue, gardai, cab to help reduce smuggling (it will never be eliminated but we could make a big enough dent with a well resourced force so that it becomes cost prohibitive for scum to import heroin and coke because those drugs HAVE to be imported…they can’t be grown here).

But the effects on the user are the same.
It's not how it's acquired it's what it does to people, especially young people and the damage it does to their health and futures.
They're getting it regardless.
It's probably easier to get a bag of coke then weed and both are probably easier to get then drink when you're underage.
That's all in the shadow of a drug policy you were indoctrinated in all those years ago.
It's failed miserably.
I'm all for more education around the dangers but thats not going to have any effect on how widespread and available drugs are.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cornelius Patrick O' Sullivan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

17th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼