Petrol/Diesel prices

Tell me how legalising it would prevent infinitely more instances of it outside relatively controlled settings?
And there we have it. No details to answer the initial question and deflects to try and get me to prove his argument for him.
What we have here is a male, pale and stale contributor who is regurgitating what the parish priest bate into him (literally in most cases/schools) while in school. And he calls THAT educating the youth. Come off it!

It would regulate strength and dosage for a start. One of the big issues with unregulated pharmaceuticals is that the person can't know what they are taking.

Imagine if every time you ordered a pint of beer you might get
1. A pint of beer
2. Half a pint of beer and half a pint of water
3. Half a pint of beer and half a pint of whiskey
4. The most of a pint of beer and some rat poison

etc etc
With respect, it's not a pharmaceutical in that sense. We are not talking about medically supervised administration of medically required doses of cannabis.

We are talking about open season on recreational drug use and the impact that has on society especially young people.

And there we have it. No details to answer the initial question and deflects to try and get me to prove his argument for him.
What we have here is a male, pale and stale contributor who is regurgitating what the parish priest bate into him (literally in most cases/schools) while in school. And he calls THAT educating the youth. Come off it!
I think you'll find you're the one without argument, deflecting to stereotypical arguments and ad hominem attacks when you can't counter what I said.

I used to be a youth worker admittedly a long time ago. I have seen what this does to young adults and their futures. I've had the training from the drug squad again admittedly a long time ago on what drugs were available across the city, how to recognise their use and what short and long term effects each has.

I'm not posting this as a "down with this sort of thing" ideological rant. Unlike you who despite what I said couldn't explain why what I said would happen, wouldn't.

And you'll note I still haven't got personal with you.

With respect, it's not a pharmaceutical in that sense. We are not talking about medically supervised administration of medically required doses of cannabis.

We are talking about open season on recreational drug use and the impact that has on society especially young people.
No, but legal cannabis can be tested. One of the problems with newer strains is that they are stronger and more potent.

I agree that it is not a good drug for young people. It harms their brain development. As does alcohol. That's why young people shouldn't be able to access them, legal or illegal.

Rather than legalised should personal cannabis/weed/grass etc use be decriminalised as these minor proseceutions/convictions etc are clogging up the judicial system and the subsequent huge cost?

It’s open season already buddy. And it’s the scum in our society profiteering from it while the tax payer is left with the clean up bill.

Rather than legalised should personal cannabis/weed/grass etc use be decriminalised as these minor proseceutions/convictions etc are clogging up the judicial system and the subsequent huge cost?
Then the issue is again education and prevention - not the use of court time.

Then the issue is again education and prevention - not the use of court time.
We already have education and prevention?

Some more education and decimalising so we avoid criminal convictions and the social stigma/travel issues/employment negativities that results for young people caught with a very small amount of cannabis while they mature into young adults and are allowed to make mistakes?

We already have education and prevention?

Some more education and decimalising so we avoid criminal convictions and the social stigma/travel issues/employment negativities that results for young people caught with a very small amount of cannabis while they mature into young adults and are allowed to make mistakes?
I understand where you are coming from. They're might be merit it on the grounds of a single offence. A one strike policy.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼