Peter Crouch

Roman Abramovich said:
i would have. ask rahsers for confirmation. long before the pool signed him mind you.

dean ashton unfortunetly will take his place by the next tourney. and rightly so.

To be fair to ya, I remember you championing the tall lad alright.

He has had a good 12 months, proved himself as a useful player for Liverpool despite a tough start and has performed well above expectations for england (his performance off the bench Vs portugal was both fantastic & brave).

Although he has given Liverpool another option with his hold-up play (especially away from home) I think he'll have his work cut out to get a regular game for Liverpool this season as Kuyt has a relatively similar skill-set and Bellamy looks super motivated & in the form of his life.

Hopefully the competition for places will spur him on to great heights....I'll get me coat

Philby said:
He has had a good 12 months, proved himself as a useful player for Liverpool despite a tough start and has performed well above expectations for england (his performance off the bench Vs portugal was both fantastic & brave).

Although he has given Liverpool another option with his hold-up play (especially away from home) I think he'll have his work cut out to get a regular game for Liverpool this season as Kuyt has a relatively similar skill-set and Bellamy looks super motivated & in the form of his life.

Hopefully the competition for places will spur him on to great heights....I'll get me coat
The thig about the pool this year is we have so many scoring options. I mean who cares about top scorer. Let henry have as long as Gerrard , Crouch , Kuyt , Bellamy and God get ten each and Risse , Pennant , Alonso and Garcia get 20 between them we are sorted.

Sound said:
21 goals in his last 42 games.
8 in 12 internationals apparently.

Who'd have thunk it?

*cough*

I'd a notion that he could get to be top scorer at the World Cup but he was shite against T&T and England were more disorganised than I expected.

He's not a good player in the aesthetic sense but a guy that size with any nose for goal and good service could be very effective, particularly at international level where the game is increasingly about set pieces and, let's be honest, some of the centre-halves can be tiny.

He is doing a programme on Discovery+ where he goes back to help one of his old clubs, Dulwich Hamlet (National League South) Very enjoyable tbf.
Two things from it, Abbey Clancy, wb and secondly, they would lose money if promoted because one of their main incomes is people drinking pitch side on match days but this isn't allowed in the next division up.

I’m sure he could help them out himself if he wanted.

I hate the likes of him doing a load of promo work for big gambling companies.

Jose doing similar. Banter-y shit.

Young fellas and Online gambling is a real problem. Anyone pushing it should be ashamed of themselves.

While he’s hanging out of his absolute lasher of a wife tonight, in his multimillion pound mansion, his joy will no doubt be tempered by the fact that Orchard Thief from the PROC doesn’t approve of his ambassadorial role with big gambling.

Young fellas and Online gambling is a real problem. Anyone pushing it should be ashamed of themselves.

While he’s hanging out of his absolute lasher of a wife tonight, in his multimillion pound mansion, his joy will no doubt be tempered by the fact that Orchard Thief from the PROC doesn’t approve of his ambassadorial role with big gambling.

I've got a lot of time for Crouchy, but I tend to agree.

That said, gambling (and associated advertising) is so pervasive in many aspects of sport these days it would be pretty hard to stay squeaky-clean. I'd have more sympathy for those on closer to the average man's wage than those who have already earned more money than they could feasibly ever truly need.

I recall the NZ rugby union allowed Sonny Bill Williams to cover up sponsors' logos on religious grounds. Can't recall seeing an equivalent high-profile case in football.

CrouchY is a pariah on the local talkpage soccer scene.

I hope it was worth it Pete.

Fully agreed btw. Soccer and its relationship with sports betting companies is a sickener.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Big Country
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

28th Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼