ParkCide reaches Atlantic Pond

I have seen notices and ads regarding two new Public Spaces in the same general zone. Marina Market and The Black Market. I visited the Marina Market last weekend. It was full, thousands of people. Hundreds of cars parked on both sides of the quay all the way from City Hall to that end of the Docks. Nobody in the City Centre.

Yesterday we went for a walk, curious to see the new Marina Park.There used to be a very handy Car Park at the Atlantic Pond. Space for about 40 Cars in a little cul de sac causing no delay to traffic.
It has been Culled, Gone. Replaced by a very occasional access road into GAA World, normally sealed off with barriers. So City Halls Pogrom on Parking meets GAA Infrastructure/Land Grab.
I could find no parking at or near this new so called Park. I ended up finding one spot in a packed parking area, quite a distance away at Shandon Boat Club.
I won't be going to Marina Park again, at least not until the Mud Wrestling Season.....
Oh dear, they will be sad to hear that.

artworks-000128866484-o674lp-t500x500.jpg

I have seen notices and ads regarding two new Public Spaces in the same general zone. Marina Market and The Black Market. I visited the Marina Market last weekend. It was full, thousands of people. Hundreds of cars parked on both sides of the quay all the way from City Hall to that end of the Docks. Nobody in the City Centre.
The city centre was rammed last Saturday afternoon with queues at pubs and unless you were somehow in both places at once which is unlikely as you are scared of paying for city centre parking and weather.

The city centre was rammed last Saturday afternoon with queues at pubs and unless you were somehow in both places at once which is unlikely as you are scared of paying for city centre parking and weather.
There was queues of cars waiting to get into the multi-storey car parks.
I said “feck this” and drove off.
That’s never happened.
It was like Christmas.

This guy isn’t living in reality.

Stalky as usual, Loud, Confident, and Wrong. I went to Marina Market on Sunday.
Gillabbey.....
There was queues of cars waiting to get into the multi-storey car parks.
I said “feck this” and drove off.
EXACTLY. City Hall's ParkiCide, i.e. removing Car Parking from the City Centre has made it impossible to pop in there casually, for a look around, a coffee, beer, bit of browsing.

Gillabbey.....

EXACTLY. City Hall's ParkiCide, i.e. removing Car Parking from the City Centre has made it impossible to pop in there casually, for a look around, a coffee, beer, bit of browsing.
English Market Saturday morning busy parked at Elysian for half-price. Coffee at Bean & Leaf. Costigans after 5pm took bus which costs nothing and city busy like Jazz Weekend.

Marina Market is always busy on a Sunday as a family friendly location easy to get to as English Market closed and city always quiet on a Sunday.

Just imagine if everyone casually wanted to go city centre and park on the streets?

Marina Market is always busy on a Sunday as a family friendly location easy to get to

EXACTLY..... easy to get to.....hows that? Bus... naw, ah, by car, because of the acres of free parking.

Bean and Leaf, Costigans..........

Stalky should be a tour guide for English Football Fans.........

Parked at the Elysian.......

another fascinating classy choice.
A customer of theirs posted ' Thursday parked at the Elysia, left the car overnight. €63'

Last edited:
Gillabbey.....

I just told you, I’ve never had a problem with parking before.
The place was rammed with people, that’s why.

I just told you, I’ve never had a problem with parking before.
The place was rammed with people, that’s why.
You are omitting that the said feck this and left the City Centre, clearly due to the diminished number of Parking Spaces. You have not had a problem before because there were something like double the number left now.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

The Gay Agenda

The Roundy, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼