ParkCide reaches Atlantic Pond

There were 16 or so marked spaces but there was plenty of space there for double that or more. This was a Car Park AT the Atlantic Pond. Now there is none. The Car Park at Shandon Boat Club/Meitheal Mara is not new. It was all but full on the day I was there, a Monday. Clearly there is need for more parking. I will repeat my questions:- ( My story remains factual. 30 plus parking spots AT The Atlantic Pond have been removed. They have been replaced by an access route to the Stadium, accessible only when the GAA remove their barriers. Do you regard this as an improvement? A good use of Public Money and The Law? Perhaps you like near there and don't want visitors from other parts of the City ? Are you in favour of the GAA Land Grab? Do you have any problem with the destruction of the trees on the island by the GAA's filthy works?)

Last edited:
There were 16 or so marked spaces but there was plenty of space there for double that or more. This was a Car Park AT the Atlantic Pond. Now there is none. The Car Park at Shandon Boat Club/Meitheal Mara is not new. It was all but full on the day I was there, a Monday. Clearly there is need for more parking. I will repeat my questions:- ( My story remains factual. 30 plus parking spots AT The Atlantic Pond have been removed. They have been replaced by an access route to the Stadium, accessible only when the GAA remove their barriers. Do you regard this as an improvement? A good use of Public Money and The Law? Perhaps you like near there and don't want visitors from other parts of the City ? Are you in favour of the GAA Land Grab? Do you have any problem with the destruction of the trees on the island by the GAA's filthy works?)
Do you even live in the city?
It’s been that way for at least 2 years.
They’ve actually added parking to the area.
Hundreds of native Irish trees and plants are being planted along the greenway.
Batboxes are being installed and wildflowers planted for bees.

Seems to me you just have an issue with the GAA and the rest is just making your case.

That barrier has been there since the redevelopment and presumably is there legally. If it isn't, it should be removed. If it is then this is just "I don't like the GAA".

Gillabbey you ask questions but ignore those asked of you. Again. 30 plus parking spots AT The Atlantic Pond have been removed. They have been replaced by an access route to the Stadium, accessible only when the GAA remove their barriers. Do you regard this as an improvement? A good use of Public Money and The Law? Perhaps you like near there and don't want visitors from other parts of the City ? Are you in favour of the GAA Land Grab? Do you have any problem with the destruction of the trees on the island by the GAA's filthy works?) @PROCNA2018 No the issue is with the City Council who control parking by Law. So the word Legal is not necessarily a good thing in context here. The collusion with the shameful behaviour of the GAA cannot be excluded or ignored.

This thread has a reek of the good folks from Blackrock on Twitter who spend their weekends taking photos of cars around Pairc UI Chaoimh and moaning at the GAA on the internet.

Living in the most well off area of the city next to a park costing millions and still moan.
They are lucky they weren't around the marina in my time or they may have exploded.

Folks on here moaning about car access to any area that was walled off to the public the last 50 years.

Attachments

• 20211212_232044.jpg
    20211212_232044.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 5
Gillabbey you ask questions but ignore those asked of you. Again. 30 plus parking spots AT The Atlantic Pond have been removed. They have been replaced by an access route to the Stadium, accessible only when the GAA remove their barriers. Do you regard this as an improvement? A good use of Public Money and The Law? Perhaps you like near there and don't want visitors from other parts of the City ? Are you in favour of the GAA Land Grab? Do you have any problem with the destruction of the trees on the island by the GAA's filthy works?) @PROCNA2018 No the issue is with the City Council who control parking by Law. So the word Legal is not necessarily a good thing in context here. The collusion with the shameful behaviour of the GAA cannot be excluded or ignored.
It’s 20 spaces not 30.
You use the facilities so often, it took you 2 years to notice and then got offended.
Meanwhile us regular users have zero problems.
Why didn’t you park by the rowing club or down the stadium in front of the pond?

There are more parking spaces than ever, the facilities are better and now we have a park we can use.
Better lighting, better paths, more trees planted, new pedestrian bridge and new wildflower meadows.
I look forward to sending summer in the sun chilling in the park.

Maybe you are just a crank?

It’s 20 spaces not 30.
You use the facilities so often, it took you 2 years to notice and then got offended.
Meanwhile us regular users have zero problems.
Why didn’t you park by the rowing club or down the stadium in front of the pond?

There are more parking spaces than ever, the facilities are better and now we have a park we can use.
Better lighting, better paths, more trees planted, new pedestrian bridge and new wildflower meadows.
I look forward to sending summer in the sun chilling in the park.

Maybe you are just a crank?
You keep asking questions while blankly refusing to answer any. You are also making up nonsense to justify your point. Whatever that is. The Parking Area AT the Atlantic Pond, particular to it, has been removed. The spaces at Shandon BC have always been there, but are now often completely filled. There is a campaign to Save Marina Park from the wrongdoings of the GAA colluding with City Hall. Your posts here seem to support City Hall, The GAA, Removal of the AP Car Park. I doubt if have much company.

You keep asking questions while blankly refusing to answer any. You are also making up nonsense to justify your point. Whatever that is. The Parking Area AT the Atlantic Pond, particular to it, has been removed. The spaces at Shandon BC have always been there, but are now often completely filled. There is a campaign to Save Marina Park from the wrongdoings of the GAA colluding with City Hall. Your posts here seem to support City Hall, The GAA, Removal of the AP Car Park. I doubt if have much company.
What have I made up?
They’ve added spaces along the marina, that’s a fact.

You didn’t even know it’s been like that for 2 years.
Or seem to use the area.

"The Ballintemple Area Residents Association (BARA), which is tracking the issue during every game at the venue, compiled another detailed dossier after last weekend’s Munster club hurling final between Kilmallock of Limerick and Ballygunner of Waterford, attended by an estimated 2,500 fans."

What you do last weekend? Monitored car parking around the corner and updated my detailed dossier.

Any plans for next weekend? Yeah, there's another GAA game on down the road, gonna head down with the rest of the BARA lads and monitor the cars again for a few hours. I'll then add my findings to my dossier and post a few pics of cars parked online.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Sing It Back

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼