Over 40s still playing sport at the top level

Excluding Golf, how many over 40s can ye think of that are still involved in their sport at the top level.

Sheringham
Costacurta

Presumably, it would be impossible in rugby because of how physical the sport is. Again, a sport like baseball or cricket would be more likely. I seem to remember England having a spin bowler older than 40 a number of years back.

So, who else is out there?

Loads in baseball. But I'm not the biggest fan but I do know that Roger Clemens is still raking in the megabucks with the big teams.

Dikembe Mutombo will be 40 by the start of the next NBA season (officially at least, he could well have passed 40 a couple of years ago).

jungle said:
Excluding Golf, how many over 40s can ye think of that are still involved in their sport at the top level.

Sheringham
Costacurta

Presumably, it would be impossible in rugby because of how physical the sport is. Again, a sport like baseball or cricket would be more likely. I seem to remember England having a spin bowler older than 40 a number of years back.

So, who else is out there?
Carboni, Valencia. 41. They signed him about 9 years ago when he was already an ex International, jesus talk about value for money. 2 leagues, 1 cup, 2 runner up medals in C.L. and a Uefa winner's medal. Not bad.

Billy Bonds. only a few short of babe Ruths Home Run total. 41.

phil taylor? is that a sport?

biscuits out the cross must be about 67 and still filling in now and again.

Ric Flair!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼