Only in the USA

A Texas mother is suing an electric company in the state for causing the death of her son during the recent cold spell of weather , she claims that because of a power cut her son froze to death. She is suing for €71 million .
PS the son is'int even buried yet and she has been in court

A Texas mother is suing an electric company in the state for causing the death of her son during the recent cold spell of weather , she claims that because of a power cut her son froze to death. She is suing for €71 million .

I understand that Texas is the only one of the 50 states that has its own independent Electricity Supply. Perhaps it's an historical legacy.

Would be interesting to see how she arrived at the precise figure of $71M

Shocking stuff.

I understand that Texas is the only one of the 50 states that has its own independent Electricity Supply. Perhaps it's an historical legacy.

It keeps it's own grid so as not to fall under federal regulations for things like making sure they're prepared for winter.

I am not being sarcastic here btw.

More power to her.

Maybe she is hoping they'll meter half way. Was her son's name "Bill" by any chance?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Io Capitano (15A)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th Apr 2024 @ 8:05 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼