Old Cork Photos

Where are those standout homes SoundY.
Genuinely interested.

Brilliant one in Connaught Avenue just at the bend by the park imho.
Nice one on Summer Hill (former residence of former DPP)
Lovely gaff on High Street in behind high wall, think it's owned by a guy who had a company that served Apple
There's a couple of absolutely beautiful ones in Sunday's Well with gardens leading down to the river.
Town residence of former head of UCC on Orchard Road at the corner.
There's one in Grosvenor Place off Wellington Road just behind what used to be the hospital but is now a Griffith College I think.
One in St Lukes opposite bottom of Gardiners Hill

I guess much depends on what it is you're looking for in a house/home but closeness to town is important to me.

@ SoundY, The ones in Sunday's Well with gardens down to the river I have always admired.. Great choice.

At least one is owned by a consultant in the Bons I believe. And with Shaky Bridge having been revamped and the area generally cleaned up he's a handy walk to work of only a few minutes up past the Pink Clinic.

It was rubbish.

Cars parked in the middle of the street, terrible old paving and parking right up to the kerb at Brown Thomas.

Now we have way too much street furniture, barriers, light poles and signage etc.
It was rubbish.

Cars parked in the middle of the street, terrible old paving and parking right up to the kerb at Brown Thomas.

Now we have way too much street furniture, barriers, light poles and signage etc.
Id still rather it the way it was compared to the so called improvement , it was a Spanish architect who rearranged the street .

They have the same ones down by the port in Barcelona where they look in place... but down Patricks Street they just look stupid.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼