Old Cork Photos

No lads, that bus is actually on the main Douglas Road on the old bridge.

So does it make sense now ?

Wow! If that bridge in the background is the one bringing the South Douglas Road over what's now the South Link then it's older than I thought. That bus shape looked 80s vintage I thought - thought that bridge got widened and extended back in the 70s 🤷‍♂️

Wow! If that bridge in the background is the one bringing the South Douglas Road over what's now the South Link then it's older than I thought. That bus shape looked 80s vintage I thought - thought that bridge got widened and extended back in the 70s 🤷‍♂️
They are the original bridges over the old Bandon Rail line out of that depot that used to be where The Elysian is now and an An Post sorting office before that.

Yes that is a Vanhool Mc Ardle bus, they were built in Inchicore back in the 1970's so were in the fleet from the mid seventies to the nineties

Both of those bridges were demolished to make space for the Link Road below those bridges, more early eighties I would reckon though

On the ball, Suttons coals is right
Back in the day, no doubt they probably thought that monstrosity was an architectural masterpiece 🙄
The architect(s) who designed the buildings around Victoria Cross should be up for charges not to mention the new monstrosity down towards the train station.

The architect(s) who designed the buildings around Victoria Cross should be up for charges not to mention the new monstrosity down towards the train station.
I agree, it has to be a sickness in people when they look at those monstrosities and see anything but ugly.
Imagine someone paid some guy to come with that crap ?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼