Old Cork Photos

Thanks for the link, will check it out

The middle parish is also the marsh area of the city, the inhabitants are known as “marshies
It is one of the oldest parts of the city.

My grandfather was from around the grattan street area.
Honestly? Where did you hear that from?
What was your grandfather sir name?

Its a plaque for Patrick Hanley..the republican* after which that row of houses are named.

Very good middle parish heritage website

View attachment 17748

* a proper republican..not like the modern day SF/IRA criminal scumbags
Patrick Hanley buildings built in 1955. This is the very first house next to Matt Talbot Hall is number 7 and goes up to number 22 I think from memory. Houses or flats 1 to 6 at on Peter St around the corner. My family home is one of them houses we had a fantastic childhood growing up there. There is still a strong community spirit there and I would highly recommend any true corkonian to venture inside Matt Talbot hall for a coffee and to view the history of the area that’s inside.

I ain’t no Norrie & I ain’t no Sorry, I’m a bog man, deep down it’s where I come from.

Its a plaque for Patrick Hanley..the republican* after which that row of houses are named.

Very good middle parish heritage website

View attachment 17748

* a proper republican..not like the modern day SF/IRA criminal scumbags

Hanley was shot by "persons unknown" most likely members of the RIC in what was thought to have been a revenge for the slaying of an RIC Sergeant O'Donnoghue in White Street the day before. Those that killed the RIC Sergeant killed the wrong man - their intended target didn't show and as it happens O'Donnoghue was supposed to have been friendly enough and passing on information to the IRA at the time.

But do tell - what kind of "proper republican" was "Patrick Hanley...the republican" exactly?

I meant..the old school republicans..not the modern criminal ones.

Being a drug dealer..pimp..diesel washer..fag trader etc..and using the cloak of republicanism to protect yourself.

You know the modern SF/IRA types since 1969

iu

Hanley was shot by "persons unknown" most likely members of the RIC in what was thought to have been a revenge for the slaying of an RIC Sergeant O'Donnoghue in White Street the day before. Those that killed the RIC Sergeant killed the wrong man - their intended target didn't show and as it happens O'Donnoghue was supposed to have been friendly enough and passing on information to the IRA at the time.

But do tell - what kind of "proper republican" was "Patrick Hanley...the republican" exactly?
Just piss off out of this thread will you?

Christ almighty.

This is one of the threads that drew me to the proc and i decided to pay to contribute.

Its a thing of beauty.

There are plenty of other threads to debate the wrongs of modern SF/IRA..NI as a horrible place and the clear and present danger the promotion of the myth of reunification holds to the ROI.

Lets not stain this one
🫣🫣🫣

Your reasons are noble but prepare for thread derailment very soon
You have been warned ⚠️

I meant..the old school republicans..not the modern criminal ones.

Being a drug dealer..pimp..diesel washer..fag trader etc..and using the cloak of republicanism to protect yourself.

You know the modern SF/IRA types since 1969

Interesting because at the SF/IRA types in Hanley's time were decried variously as "cut-throats", "brigands", "murderers", etc

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Robot Dreams (G)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼