Old Boys Youth Clubs(A thing of the past)

The Judge

Just read with sadness,that my 'old boys youth club' is to close.Fr O Learys at the top of Shandon Street was our escape for many years on a Tues night.5 a side soccer table soccer,table tennis and a few prayers to our lady.It was our social night of the week with the buddies from 7pm til 9pm for 5p.I remember going there back in 1977 and it was great fun.Carol singing for the poor,selling The Messenger or The Catholic for the Legion Of Mary on Sunday mornings outside churches.I loved it and had great memories....just wondering if others attended these youth clubs growing up?

There was a top of the clubs competition going back early 80s,
I remember The echo boys(fr rocks)? beating Ballyphehane in the final
in connolly hall one year,

Just read with sadness,that my 'old boys youth club' is to close.Fr O Learys at the top of Shandon Street was our escape for many years on a Tues night.5 a side soccer table soccer,table tennis and a few prayers to our lady.It was our social night of the week with the buddies from 7pm til 9pm for 5p.I remember going there back in 1977 and it was great fun.Carol singing for the poor,selling The Messenger or The Catholic for the Legion Of Mary on Sunday mornings outside churches.I loved it and had great memories....just wondering if others attended these youth clubs growing up?

Never, we popped into that 'Good News Caravan' a few times alright.

B

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Punk Rock Factory
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

6th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼