Official World Cup 2022 Thread

FIFA have explained the rule to be that the curvature of the ball is over the line not the part touching the ground. So because the slimmest curvature element is on over the line - ball was deemed in by VAR.

It’s a stupid rule if that’s how they literally interpret it. It doesn’t seem to be the way it’s intuitively called across the whole mass of games you see played. Also call me ancient but how long now have you been allowed take a corner when just the skin of the ball is touching the quarter-circle line? Another stupid thing that’s crept into the game ….

It’s a stupid rule if that’s how they literally interpret it. It doesn’t seem to be the way it’s intuitively called across the whole mass of games you see played.

It's always been the rule.

Pre-VAR it was largely officiated in a more "finger in the air" style.

Also call me ancient

You're ancient.

but how long now have you been allowed take a corner when just the skin of the ball is touching the quarter-circle line? Another stupid thing that’s crept into the game ….

Many decades.

It’s a stupid rule if that’s how they literally interpret it. It doesn’t seem to be the way it’s intuitively called across the whole mass of games you see played. Also call me ancient but how long now have you been allowed take a corner when just the skin of the ball is touching the quarter-circle line? Another stupid thing that’s crept into the game ….
There's many variations across many games. Take rugby for example. You can catch the ball two feet over the sideline and as long as your feet are inside the line the ball is still in play.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Cliffords
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

27th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Juicy Couture Fc

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼