Official Pitch and Putt Thread

I gave up the Golf this year due to various illness and joined Ballinlough. I was there every morning waiting for them to open so they gave me my own key.
When playing golf i would be out on the the course at 06 30 during the summer.:D

What’t the Ballinlough course like?

Is that oppposite the Silver Key pub?

What’t the Ballinlough course like?

Is that oppposite the Silver Key pub?

Yes

Decent, in great condition but every green slopes away on every side so one needs to be a good chipper. To strong and off the other side:(
Of course being a golfer all my life with usually plenty of room to run chips i find it a bit trying at times.:silly:

Yes

Decent, in great condition but every green slopes away on every side so one needs to be a good chipper. To strong and off the other side:(
Of course being a golfer all my life with usually plenty of room to run chips i find it a bit trying at times.:silly:

Sounds like a fairly tricky course. I must try and play a round over there in the new year. Always good fun trying out a new spot.

You ever try Sarsfieldscourt?

I’ve played it a few times.

It’s a course I enjoyed playing. It’s not really in great condition, but the greens are usually in good nick. If you don’t pitch onto the green, the grass around the course is fairly long, and that can be a challenge or a turn-off. It’s like missing the fairway on a links course 😁

I remember playing it one time, and I was tee-ing off from maybe the 13th or 14th, and right behind me was a big statue of Our Lady in the window looking down at me from the old building behind the tee-box. Not sure if some of these buildings are being used anymore? It really is a bit of an eerie place but I think that’s why I like it.

Interesting to see this topic. I can remember going for games back in the 90’s in Rocklodge. Few lads in school used play there. There was big numbers playing then. Golf wasn’t really as accessible back then, was a very expensive sport so P&P was well supported

What’s it like these days? Presume numbers playing are small, I’d never hear anyone mention it much

Played Roscarberry last year for the first time in over 20 years. Two great courses and with those tight lies off the green, the putter was used most of the time when off the green.

Claycastle is another course that I've fond memories of, hopefully I'll get back out there in the next few months.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼