Official Pitch and Putt Thread

Good to hear. They must have changed the greens. I played it a few years back and remember waiting on a tee-box for ages whilst a group ahead of us took about 10/12 putts each on the green ahead. We gave an ironic cheer when they holed out and put the flag back in.

Twas only when we hit the green ourselves that we sheepishly realised the pin was in (without doubt) the toughest flag position I've ever putted to. Miss it either side and you were screwed. We had a fair lash of putts ourselves in fairness. Most memorable green I've ever putted on all the same.

Some of the pin positions were fairly tough when i played there.There was one in particular on the front nine,maybe hole seven,and you would have to hit a pin point accurate shot to have any hope of landing on the green.There is a slant on either side of green but it adds to the fun.I really enjoyed the course.

Spent the weekend on the beautiful cliffs of Ballycotton. If there is a more scenic course in the county I'd be surprised. What a setting. If only I could control the distance of me pitching. Sometimes I end up clearing the green by yards, next hole only go half-way between tee-box and green!! Love the game though, smallie got his junior clubs this summer so he comes along. 3 generations of us out over the weekend... class

I played Ballycotton a few years ago.The sun was beaming down and as you say a superb setting similar to playing in Trabolgan.

Brinny is a lovely course, very well looked after,
anyone play the course out in ja woods in ballingcollig,the greens are a bastard,some of them are impossible to keep the ball on,
Pfizer's have great challenging course

I never played Brinny or Ballincollig.There is also one out the road in Lakewood.

Played Pfizers a few times and thought it was a very nice course and very well looked after.You can't beat a few tricky holes and i think it is the 2nd hole that you play up a hill over a bit of gorse and you just hope you land near the green.Well worth a spin down for a game.

Some of the pin positions were fairly tough when i played there.There was one in particular on the front nine,maybe hole seven,and you would have to hit a pin point accurate shot to have any hope of landing on the green.There is a slant on either side of green but it adds to the fun.I really enjoyed the course.

I played Ballycotton a few years ago.The sun was beaming down and as you say a superb setting similar to playing in Trabolgan.

I never played Brinny or Ballincollig.There is also one out the road in Lakewood.

Played Pfizers a few times and thought it was a very nice course and very well looked after.You can't beat a few tricky holes and i think it is the 2nd hole that you play up a hill over a bit of gorse and you just hope you land near the green.Well worth a spin down for a game.

18th at Pfizers probably one of the best holes you'll play. Nice big green and bunkered as well. Great way to finish.

18th at Pfizers probably one of the best holes you'll play. Nice big green and bunkered as well. Great way to finish.

If you ever get the chance you should try and get out to play Ballyhanley.You sound like you would enjoy a tricky little course.And nothing better than playing on one that is well kept.

One of the best i've played.

Spent the weekend on the beautiful cliffs of Ballycotton. If there is a more scenic course in the county I'd be surprised. What a setting. If only I could control the distance of me pitching. Sometimes I end up clearing the green by yards, next hole only go half-way between tee-box and green!! Love the game though, smallie got his junior clubs this summer so he comes along. 3 generations of us out over the weekend... class

Any hints or tips as to how I can get a ball that pitches the green to actually check up and stop. Any tee shot of mine that lands on the green tends to take a big hop and off the back! I've been told that I havent a hope unless I first change to Commando balls. What about my grip, conventional golf grip or the hurley grip, which works best?

Into the wind to a soft green and sometimes the ball will hold. But on a hard green, as most are at the moment, it just bounds off.

Any hints or tips as to how I can get a ball that pitches the green to actually check up and stop. Any tee shot of mine that lands on the green tends to take a big hop and off the back! I've been told that I havent a hope unless I first change to Commando balls. What about my grip, conventional golf grip or the hurley grip, which works best?

Into the wind to a soft green and sometimes the ball will hold. But on a hard green, as most are at the moment, it just bounds off.

Imo it is all about height and Commando balls when pitching at such short distances Porge. You've gotta be confident aswell as when hitting it high you need to give a decent whack and if you connect wrong then the ball will overfly the green by some distance. I'm sure there are highly skilled p&p players who can stop a regular golfball on a sixpence but I find it difficult.

I would imagine conventional golf grip is the way forward also. Never used anything but it myself.

Imo it is all about height and Commando balls when pitching at such short distances Porge. You've gotta be confident aswell as when hitting it high you need to give a decent whack and if you connect wrong then the ball will overfly the green by some distance. I'm sure there are highly skilled p&p players who can stop a regular golfball on a sixpence but I find it difficult.

I would imagine conventional golf grip is the way forward also. Never used anything but it myself.

its all about the height for me anyway,you want the ball to drop like a stone on a green that porge is describing,the higher the better,the accuracy needed is what makes pitch n putt such an enjoyable game.

Commando balls are like stones, I play with ordinary golf balls and give it plenty of height if I can or else a 3/4 swing and let it run onto the green.

I could probably maybe hit a better round with the commando's but with a lot less enjoyment.

I gave up the Golf this year due to various illness and joined Ballinlough. I was there every morning waiting for them to open so they gave me my own key.
When playing golf i would be out on the the course at 06 30 during the summer.:D

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Colin Geddis - Overkill
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼