Official NFL Thread 2021/2022

Raiders: Losing Gruden and Ruggs the way they did makes it impressive that they got here. Dint expect them them to pass the Divisional round.

Bengals: Very early division win for Burrow, like the Raiders this is basically bonus territory. It would be nice for them to break the Bengals playoff curse.

Steelers: Way too much underdogs, I worry the Chiefs are going to take them lightly and somehow let them worm onwards

Chiefs: Anything short of a SB is disappointing but when they delivered one already it takes the pressure off a little.

Patriots: Only one who needs this to go far is Belichik, making the playoffs with a rookie qb starting all year is a great achievement but people will try to haunt him over Brady winning in Tampa.

Bills: Very mixed bag, they should be looking at the chance to beat up on their division rival and march on but they've laid a few eggs this season

Titans: I dunno how they managed to come out on top with their general injuries and Henry injured specifically. The week off is vital to get healthy, rumours Hemry could make it back to play and that could really launch them.

49ers: Decent team, no huge weakness and quietly good in alot of places. The coach has been questionable in the playoffs before though.

Dallas: Same as the 49ers (except not quiet). Expect a race to the bottom between Shanahan and Mccarthy.

Cardinals: Still early with Murray in his career. On the high level you can say this season is a step forward with making the playoffs but it will feel like a disappointment if they are 1 and done after the early hype.

Rams: Same as last few years, Sb or bust with all the investment.

Buccaneers: Like the Chiefs, they have their championship already so the Brady experiment worked. They will be serious contenders to get more though.

Eagles: It would be hilarious to see them beat Brady but somehow I don't think so. Did Very well to even get this far and is good to build for the future.

Packers: 1 seed again, no excuses, go and do it.

By strict letter of the law it shouldn't, on the assumption that it was a ref who blew the whistle. Should have been a Bengals ball at the spot where Burrow was when it went.

Bad call to blow it and then to ignore it but 🤷
The Raiders got a handy make up call on the final drive to help them out. I don't think they can have any complaints with the result, Bengals deserved it on the day, but it was tight and calls like that will always be extra controversial in a tight game.

In the Bills v Patriots game they could chuck Josh Allen for no reason during half time and it would be less impactful on the outcome

Not the Bengals best performance but definitely don't mind. 31 years curse ended!!! Fair play to the Raiders they've been through some adversity all year and fought through it well. Burrow is one of the best QBs in the league and has some of the best skill players there is. That being said the Bengals are seriously injured on defense and could hinder them next week.
Bills all over the Pats look to be getting very hot at the right time.

Raiders: Losing Gruden and Ruggs the way they did makes it impressive that they got here. Dint expect them them to pass the Divisional round.

Bengals: Very early division win for Burrow, like the Raiders this is basically bonus territory. It would be nice for them to break the Bengals playoff curse.

Steelers: Way too much underdogs, I worry the Chiefs are going to take them lightly and somehow let them worm onwards

Chiefs: Anything short of a SB is disappointing but when they delivered one already it takes the pressure off a little.

Patriots: Only one who needs this to go far is Belichik, making the playoffs with a rookie qb starting all year is a great achievement but people will try to haunt him over Brady winning in Tampa.

Bills: Very mixed bag, they should be looking at the chance to beat up on their division rival and march on but they've laid a few eggs this season

Titans: I dunno how they managed to come out on top with their general injuries and Henry injured specifically. The week off is vital to get healthy, rumours Hemry could make it back to play and that could really launch them.

49ers: Decent team, no huge weakness and quietly good in alot of places. The coach has been questionable in the playoffs before though.

Dallas: Same as the 49ers (except not quiet). Expect a race to the bottom between Shanahan and Mccarthy.

Cardinals: Still early with Murray in his career. On the high level you can say this season is a step forward with making the playoffs but it will feel like a disappointment if they are 1 and done after the early hype.

Rams: Same as last few years, Sb or bust with all the investment.

Buccaneers: Like the Chiefs, they have their championship already so the Brady experiment worked. They will be serious contenders to get more though.

Eagles: It would be hilarious to see them beat Brady but somehow I don't think so. Did Very well to even get this far and is good to build for the future.

Packers: 1 seed again, no excuses, go and do it.
Mege
ESPN would be lucky to have you Great post.
Bengals get it done with a sweat though.
Surprised with Pats with an ass whopping.
It’s still wide open imo. Packers at home during Rodgers time and Farve I think is a false kinda statistic because they don’t have that huge record in playoffs at home.
I will be shouting for the Bengals AFC as I like Burrow and Chase is some athlete.
I think Tampa will hammer Philly and my bet to win it all now is unfortunately the Cowboys. Duel threat running game. Great QB and good WR’s . Not a bad defense either.
It’s been a great year of football in fairness and still so much to play for.
Ravens will not win nothing with Lamar and I said this before but an option QB will have a good few games and then defense figures then out and it’s not any structural without a solid passing game then .
Will be interesting but great 👍

Its a bad beating and combined with the Brady v Belichik thing (assuming the Bucs win later) the scoreline will likely overshadow that it was actually a good season overall the Patriots when they're starting with a rookie qb.

For Buffalo, they likely face KC and will be underdogs there. If the Steelers can do them a favour then a home game against the Bengals. They would be favourites but need to make sure the Bengals passing game is locked down.

Its a bad beating and combined with the Brady v Belichik thing (assuming the Bucs win later) the scoreline will likely overshadow that it was actually a good season overall the Patriots when they're starting with a rookie qb.

For Buffalo, they likely face KC and will be underdogs there. If the Steelers can do them a favour then a home game against the Bengals. They would be favourites but need to make sure the Bengals passing game is locked down.
Bucs are looking v short handed through injury and Philly have figured out what they are good at.
If Tom Terrific can pull this off you can only tip the cap to him.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼