Official NFL Thread 2021/2022

I woke this morning to check twitter, say multiple "Broncos on Roger's list", it last about 10 minutes. What a cruel start to a Friday.

Bridgewater though eh?

Hope springs eternal in New York.

4q3tOTx.jpg

The Jets search for a franchise QB lives on, can Zach Wilson be 'the guy'? Like the aggressive move to trade up to 14 and grab a left guard from USC. Overall the Jets o-line, coaching and supporting cast for Wilson should be better than it was for Darnold.

Justin Fields goes to Chicago. I like Fields, not sure the Bears are a great fit, but they needed a fresh start at QB and now they have it.

Patriots take Mac Jones. He's not the most athletic guy in the world, but apparently he's super-intelligent and is able to process information quickly. Probably a 'high floor, low ceiling' kind of QB, but Belichick is all-in, and the pick makes sense from that perspective.

I woke this morning to check twitter, say multiple "Broncos on Roger's list", it last about 10 minutes. What a cruel start to a Friday.

Bridgewater though eh?

It might get messy in Green Bay yet, if Rodgers wants out. And if he does, Denver is the most logical landing spot. Broncos are in the AFC, have a loaded team and I think his fiancee, the actress is from Colorado.

True to form, Green Bay drafted a corner back last night when they badly need a receiver. So it's 9 defensive players and a back up QB from the last ten years' worth of first round picks.

I like Green Bay, class organisation but they've wasted Rodgers best years.

It might get messy in Green Bay yet, if Rodgers wants out. And if he does, Denver is the most logical landing spot. Broncos are in the AFC, have a loaded team and I think his fiancee, the actress is from Colorado.

True to form, Green Bay drafted a corner back last night when they badly need a receiver. So it's 9 defensive players and a back up QB from the last ten years' worth of first round picks.

I like Green Bay, class organisation but they've wasted Rodgers best years.

Don’t do that to me!

Packers have had a hall of fame qb under centre consistently for nearly 30 years in Favre and Rodgers and have won only two superbowls in that time. Wasteful to say the least.

They are old-school, which is part of their charm. The fan ownership and all that. But part of that old-school is a conservative way of doing things. Not been aggressive in free agency, sticking rigidly to draft boards and so on.

People will say Rodgers is throwing his toys out of the pram because GB drafted his long-term replacement, and compare it to Brady keeping his head down when the Pats drafted Garoppollo. There is some merit in that. But New England were able to compensate through Belichick/Brady's combined genius and still win Superbowls when their drafts weren't great.

Is he with her? She’s grand don’t get me wrong ...

Yep, engaged. Not a couple you'd put together but how bad.

He has enough money (and a stubborn ego) to walk away from football and present 'Jeopardy' every week. But I think he may give Green Bay another year and they'll leave him go in 2022. To Denver.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Garron Noone

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼