Official NFL Thread 2021/2022

Raiders have fired Mike Mayock. He was Grudens man and it was always clear that in spite of the titles Gruden was his superior. It was a unique dynamic but given his background it was one which could work but only in that situation. With Gruden gone he would have no standing as a "normal" GM.

They're not in a bad place right now but they need to have a big off-season if they want to be true contenders.

The Eagles probably got about as far as they possibly could, they're not as close as the Raiders. Give it 18 months and they could be real contenders in 23/24 with some work.

The big Ben saga is finally over, years after his sell by date passed. There needs to be a sea change there, alot of bad locker room culture has been allowed to fester for a long time and needs to be aired. The team and even Tomlin could do with a fresh start to get going again.

Patriots same as the Eagles, young qb and solid but unspectacular pieces,some work required to be top tier yet. They got as far as they could have ever hoped. That final score will stick in Belichiks craw though. Might have been his last playoff game if they don't make it back next year.

I wonder will Mayock get his old job back with NFL network. His Draft picks for the Raiders were solid but he didn't exactly slam dunk it, and his analysis seems to have been a bit out of step with the rest of the league but that could easily have been Gruden too.

He was fierce self important on the telly

Not knowing the exact power dynamic, he missed more than he hit in rounds 1 and 2 but in rounds 3-5 he hit on quite a few. That could be indicative of Grudens pull on higher picks, or maybe it was all him? Difficult to know.

Most draft analysts are difficult to listen to, he isn't the most over the top. He usually tends to shy away from betting big in certain guys succeeding which helps("if this guy isn't a great player I'll quit")

He'll get a job with some network if he wants it, he got his job with the Raiders based on his willingness to spend wayyyyyy too long analysing the players.

Cardinals smashed by the Rams. Kliff Kingsbury has got them going well enough early in the season But some playoff success is a must next year. His seasons started 6-3 and 10-2 but finished 2-5 and 1-4, maintaining form up to the end of the season is critical.

4 good match ups for the next round. No true mismatches.

Bengals v Titans :
Titans should win if healthy, the Bengals don't have a stellar defence. But if the Titans aren't on their game the Bengals could hang a fair few points on them. I'll go Titans.

Bills v Chiefs:
An odd one. The Chiefs are better and should win but aren't playing consistently and that leaves it open for the bills. I'd say Buffalo don't click the same as they did against NE and the Chiefs eventually put them away.

Bucs v Rams:
Nfl leader in most stats v the guy who might one day pass him in most of them. I think this is a career defining moment for Stafford. He has the team, now he just needs to go win it. But Brady always wins these matchups. Stafford will win on the stat sheet but not the scoreboard.

49ers v Packers:
Stats for you: Jimmy G has played in just as many superbowls as Aaron Rodgers and is 1-0 in the playoffs head to head. (Note: he has two rings from NE but he didn't participate in those games)

Rodgers was amazing in the 2009 playoffs but he has never been able to repeat that level of performance, especially at home. Every bit of logic I have says the Packers win but my gut doesn't rest easy on it.

It feels like that analogy of the Vietnam war where the Americans asked a computer when they would win the war and the computer told them that they already won it.

The Packers on paper are better everywhere but... I dunno, gonna pass on a prediction

Last edited:
They have only gone and done it! Fair play to the Bengals, delighted for them. Titans were very disappointing throughout. Going for 2 early and declining the fg late left 4 points on the table. Either score massively changes the complexion of their last possession.

D Henry obviously not at full strength and they were hamstrung as a result.

12 months ago,who had the bengals going deep in the playoffs over the browns?

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

25th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

All You Need Is Death (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:15pm

More events ▼