Official Ligue 1 Thread

Mossybanks

Boys Oh Boys Forum Users
Congrats to Girondins De Bordeaux and Olympique De Marseille for outstanding performances in the ECL. Also well done to Olympique Lyonnaise who have joined Girondins De Bordeaux and qualified for the knockout stages.

Montpellier Hérault have slipped down to fourth place, behind AS Monaco, but they are still going well.

I'd love to see them in the ECL next year.

http://www.ligue1.com/indexSite.asp

Bastia official on hunger strike.

One of Bastia's officials has gone on hunger strike by way of protesting about his club being banned from playing at home.
Already performing behind closed doors, Bastia has been told by the disciplinary commission of the French League (LFP) that it was no longer allowed to play at its Furiani Stadium after an incident during a midweek game with Marseille.

Unhappy about the ban owing to violent incidents, dissenting fans set off fireworks outside the ground while the game was going on in Corsica, forcing the LFP to take action.

But Jo Bonavita, a 73-year-old logistical officer at the club, has taken dramatic steps to represent his unhappiness.

"The decision I took today was to start a hunger strike," he said in a video interview with Bastia's website.

"I put the health of this club first and the survival of the club first. There are families who make a living from Sporting and it's important for the players too.

"The next home match against Nancy on December 22 will be played in Furiani. It's as simple as that.

"I'm 73 years old and I've seen the doctor about it but I'll take the health risk so that the club can move forward."

Speaking on Thursday, the LFP said Bastia could not play at home while it looked into a number of its games.

The October derby with Ajaccio carried crowd trouble with it, while the the Coupe de la Ligue quarter-final with Lille was halted when an assistant referee was hit with a missile.

Lens' stadium being renovated for 2016. Been playing home games in Amiens, PSG probably too big a draw to play there. 70k+ was some crowd in fairness.

Lens will also play Lille and Marseille in SDF...it was part of the deal, 15 gams in Amiens and these 3 big games in St Denis.

Back to Bollaert next season

by the way, La Licorne's capacity (Amiens Stadium) is 12,000....Lens had 14,000 season ticket holders when in L2 last season...

Hopefully they'll stay up

Marco - Just how good is Lacazette?

Clearly he's flying this season & looks to have a lot of strings to his bow.

How highly would you rate him?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jeito Moleque
The Kino, Washington Street West

12th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Easter Beer Festival

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 1pm

More events ▼