Official Cycling Thread

Yep - nearly worth taking the day off to watch - it's a savage stage - nearly 20km of hard climbing to finish and three bastard climbs before that.

Eddie dug deep yesterday to get back on when he was dropped. I hope that's not all his money spent for the week. You'd imagine Thomas will be happy to get the bots to manage Rog and Almeira through the day. Pinot took a bucket of Maglio Azzuri points yesterday - Healy will need to go very well to figure in the reckoning.

This is impossible to call. Thomas looks the strongest but he hasn't got many teammates left - 4 I think - Rog only seems to have Kuss and Almeida has Vine. Both excellent but if they have an off day........

I think Eddie must be near his limit, really hope he can hang on to the top 2 or 3 for most of today and at least not lose time to the two or three behind him, who he's looked stronger than, tbf. Three passes of over 2,000 metres. That surely doesn't happen too often. And extremely little valley roads between, if the profile can be trusted.

Bring it on.

Ben Healy better hope they start bridging the 8mins.

Derek Gee is in place to mop up about 60 points of the 108 remaining. He's only about 40 down now

Healy is ballsy. Great to see him. Fingers crossed for Eddie, he's had a great debut as team leader and I really hope he can hold on to his place.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
KAWALA - CANCELLED
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

10th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼