Official Cork Under 21 Hurlers 2017 Thread

Mark Coleman , Darragh Fitzgibbon , Chris O Leary , Tim O Mahony , David Griffin added to the above list if properly coached we could have a very good u21 side next year of course all others in Munster will be good too.

Agree 1990 that the above players will add to the minor squad who played limerick and Cork have the making of a good side, hopefully Myler will do a good job, last two years at u21 level we have not been at the races hurling or from a S & C wise.

Munster will be a minefield and very competitive and like the minor grade there are no easy games, win Munster at one is nearly guaranteed to win the All Ireland.

Limerick will be very strong, Cian & Ronan Lynch, Tom Morrissey, Barry Nash, Peter Casey, Le Touche/Cosgrave all underage, were in the minor final that year and should have beaten the Cats.

Waterford will have no doubt a few of this year's u21 team still available, Patrick Curran, the younger of the Bennets and Conor Gleeson all still there.

Tipp winner of this year's and last year's Munster Minor Championship, so will have a pick of very good players.

But it is time for Cork to step it up, have the talent just need to drive it on!

Agree 1990 that the above players will add to the minor squad who played limerick and Cork have the making of a good side, hopefully Myler will do a good job, last two years at u21 level we have not been at the races hurling or from a S & C wise.

Munster will be a minefield and very competitive and like the minor grade there are no easy games, win Munster at one is nearly guaranteed to win the All Ireland.

Limerick will be very strong, Cian & Ronan Lynch, Tom Morrissey, Barry Nash, Peter Casey, Le Touche/Cosgrave all underage, were in the minor final that year and should have beaten the Cats.

Waterford will have no doubt a few of this year's u21 team still available, Patrick Curran, the younger of the Bennets and Conor Gleeson all still there.

Tipp winner of this year's and last year's Munster Minor Championship, so will have a pick of very good players.

But it is time for Cork to step it up, have the talent just need to drive it on!

Making comparisons with past few years is silly. We saw last week what that Waterford team that beat us last year is capable of and they prob be going for 2 in a row only for slip up last year to Clare. The difference between limerick/Waterford and us is they brought lads through after minor year and developed them S&C and hurling. We brought no one through. Which in turn makes this years 21 yr olds further off the past just as last years 21s were. That's why I expect most of team to be 19/20 again. As I mentioned how can we expect players to perform at this level when not getting adequate time for rest, S&C etc.

Mark Coleman , Darragh Fitzgibbon , Chris O Leary , Tim O Mahony , David Griffin added to the above list if properly coached we could have a very good u21 side next year of course all others in Munster will be good too.

Add Billy Hennessy, Robbie O Flynn, Eddie Gunning all outstanding at senior club championship level this year

Not a huge fan of Meyler but I have to say he gets the most out of players. No coach can work miracles but I believe this to be a good appointment for the u21's. Doesn't mean they will win anything but I think they'll be in with a better shout than last couple of years

Even this year he turned Inniscarra into contenders in the Premier Intermediate having being in a relegation final 12 months ago without any new players.

He's not the most approachable or likeable individual but if he gets results on the pitch I'd be willing to put up with that.

Not a huge fan of Meyler but I have to say he gets the most out of players. No coach can work miracles but I believe this to be a good appointment for the u21's. Doesn't mean they will win anything but I think they'll be in with a better shout than last couple of years

Even this year he turned Inniscarra into contenders in the Premier Intermediate having being in a relegation final 12 months ago without any new players.

He's not the most approachable or likeable individual but if he gets results on the pitch I'd be willing to put up with that.

Wouldn't say your last comment is entirely fair - he is actually a good sort but can be a bit gruff at times like us all - it's his way but he is a straight talker with no bullshit. In any case he is in there to create a winning culture at U21 level on the field as you say and not to win any popularity contests

Wouldn't say your last comment is entirely fair - he is actually a good sort but can be a bit gruff at times like us all - it's his way but he is a straight talker with no bullshit. In any case he is in there to create a winning culture at U21 level on the field as you say and not to win any popularity contests

If he can get a winning culture into the team I couldn't give a fuck what type of person he is. Question is will he be solely with Under 21's or will he still be on the club coaching gravy train

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

The Longest Johns

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼