Official Bundesliga thread (registered charity no. 123443)

I did not see that coming. Although to be fair Nagelsmann hasn't been convincing at all since he came in, and by God he has the players.

They never properly replaced Lewandowski. When you're relying on Choupo Motting you know you're in trouble.

Jan Sommer hasn't worked out either which is surprising as he's a premium keeper. He had a few absolute howlers against PSG.

I'd be a lot more confident with Tuchel at the helm.

You obviously know a hell of a lot more about German football than me.

Is there more to this than the football side of it or have they just not taken to him?

You obviously know a hell of a lot more about German football than me.

Is there more to this than the football side of it or have they just not taken to him?

I follow it more than any other league, and my last Bayern game was one of Naglesmann's first in charge (won 5-0 with a Lewandowski hat trick)

But they're winging it this season. A few lucky draws, and only last weekend they lost to Xabi Alonsos Leverkusen. They've been lucky in the CL too, beating PSG might seem like a big deal but PSG are shit, and they were especially shit in the first leg. And for once they're actually being challenged in the Bundesliga and there's a real chance they won't win it this season.

Oliver Kahn and Hassan Salihamidzic make all the decisions and I'd say this was a bit of a kneejerk reaction. They'll get rid of Tuchel in a few months if he doesn't win the Bundesliga.

One issue is Neuer's absence is highlighting defensive deficiencies that were already there. I've said it before, I don't understand how any club can let players go downhill skiing. It's just insanity.

The team is in a bit of a transition as Müller is beginning to be phased out and Musiala is coming in. And they don't combine well when they play together.

Kimmich, Gnabry and Sané were I think traumatised by the World Cup and haven't really been on form since.

I don't think they miss Lewa that much as they have so far scored 72 to Dortmund's 55, I think it's their defense and their mindset are bigger problems.

After Germany got their asses handed to them by minnows in the world Cup many of the players must be thinking "maybe zat guy on ze lokal forum hat es richtig und wir spielen doch in eine Schweinfarmerliga?‽¿?" And doubts set in.

If Dortmund could sort out their defense, I'd feel more confident that they could really challenge this season, as it is I'm a bit sceptical. I'd really like to see them win it as one last hurrah for Reus.

They have a serious inferiority complex when it comes to Bayern. Understandable I suppose but I feel like I've constantly looked forward to these games and often over by half time.
Yup, German friend of mine was saying the same, he said Dortmund are like the young brother who spends hours practicing on FIFA to beat his older brother and then gets spanked 7 nil by his bro who’s simultaneously messaging his mates on WhatsApp 👍

Yup, German friend of mine was saying the same, he said Dortmund are like the young brother who spends hours practicing on FIFA to beat his older brother and then gets spanked 7 nil by his bro who’s simultaneously messaging his mates on WhatsApp 👍
Good description. Fool on me for looking forward to the games. Should have learned by now!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼